aluminium support installation

MAXSIX

http://i574.photobucket.c
Is it possible to have no room for the bushing and the support is about 3/4 inch to low for the inner fender

??????
I'm not sure I'm exactly sure I'm clear on what your asking...
Are you saying there is a gap between your inner fender and the support?

That's normal. Not quite an exact fit but pretty close. You have to cut down the body mount. HTH, Scott

I ended up cutting down the mounts like Scott said to get the overall height to match the stock support. Then I made 1/2" spacers for the gap between the inner fender and support at each bolt hole.

Guys, I spoke with Martin (MAXSIX) yesterday and from what he told me, the problem is that when he wants to install the aluminium radiator support, there is not enough room left to reinstall the rubber bushing between it and the frame...

Claude.

Flip the bushings, put the bottom ones on top. THe plastic wheel wells will need some type of spacer 5/8 of an inch. THe metal piece that bolts from your header panel and core support will need to be a little trimmed to fit the core support. You'll need nuts and bolts for the top fender mount. You will have to drill new holes for the plastic dowels on the bottom of the core support also.

For what it's worth, Eric Fisher claims to have seen at least 4 different variations of aluminum supports, with minor differences. Which is why some seem to go in easier than others.

I will say this about the one I took off the century, the battery hold down bracket does not reach the core support.

I used the same method as usetoboost everything required a little finessing, but what have you done to these car's that hasn't. I used some scrap Starboard to make the spacers, that stuff is like duct tape, you just never quit finding uses for it.

I was really wanting to do a aluminum support also but that seems like quite a bit mod work to fit it in there for the few pounds you will be saving! Are all there spacers able to be seen when done wondering how clean it looks once installed maybe post some pics?
Chris

I was really wanting to do a aluminum support also but that seems like quite a bit mod work to fit it in there for the few pounds you will be saving!
Chris
Yeah, I'm thinking the same...Is it worth going through all that trouble to save maybe 4-5 pounds?:(

Claude.

I just put it on because I needed one anyway. THere is a noticeable difference when you pick them up, but it's probably only about 5-7 lbs

I can't remember if its 13 or 17 pounds. But I know it's one of the two. I think it weighs 17 lbs and saves 13???

Mine is stripped all the way down and i was holding off on powdercoating the original support thinking i was going aluminum but maybe not! I can use the aluminum bumper mounts and save the same weight and they bolt right up that is if the weight means that much to me!
Chris

No....the spacers are undetectable when your done.
I really didn't find it that tuff, but you can shoot a day.

I took the weight of both raditor support. aluminium 11.5 pounds and the steel one 25 pounds ,so 25-11.5 equal 13.5 saving weights