Aluminium reproduction wheels

mommasGN

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some new wheels. I'm ready for a new look and I am tired of buying new center caps. I really like the factory looking aluminum wheels.

My question is, do I go with 8 or 10 inch in the rear. Most of the vendors that sell them say that 10 inch fit with no problems. I currently am rung 275/60-15 DR in the rear.

A 10" rim is actually a tad wide for a 275mm tire. If you go with the 10" wheels, step up to a 295mm tire.

So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some new wheels. I'm ready for a new look and I am tired of buying new center caps. I really like the factory looking aluminum wheels.

My question is, do I go with 8 or 10 inch in the rear. Most of the vendors that sell them say that 10 inch fit with no problems. I currently am rung 275/60-15 DR in the rear.

A similar thread that was recently posted.
Look at last post.
https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/15x10-gn-repo-wheels.452904/

So then what size drag radial can you run on these wheels w/o rolling the fender lips and no clearance issues

You can run 295/55 if everything is perfect and you have air bags to raise the body slightly. I have them but I am starting to wish I had gone with the taller 275 and technically it should go on an 8" wheel

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I really like the look of the wider rear wheels (from pictures anyway). This is a quote from g-body parts....."The 10" wheel has been modified to accept a 275/60/15 drag radial for ease on mounting". They seem to be the same price from every vendor. Wish me luck.

20171010_181620.jpg buick3.JPG buick1.JPG buick2.JPG They look way better in person. Pictures do not do them justice. They rubbed a little in the rear during slow turns over bumps, such as pulling in and out of my driveway. Only slightly lowered with eibach drop springs. Luckily I work at a body shop, so one of the guys hooked me up and rolled the quarters and the wheel well moldings.

Looks great man. I’m in the same predicament. I want to be able to lower me rear over 275-60-15 mt radial pros. Trying to find the best rim size and what else I need to do for a nice tucked look.

Looks great man. I’m in the same predicament. I want to be able to lower me rear over 275-60-15 mt radial pros. Trying to find the best rim size and what else I need to do for a nice tucked look.

you should get either the trz or wolfe spring perches for the rear. they give you about 1 to 1.5" of ride height adjustment and you have a wide range of spring length and stiffness options to choose from since you'd be using a conventional coil over spring in place of the stock one. a 2.5" diameter one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should get either the trz or wolfe spring perches for the rear. they give you about 1 to 1.5" of ride height adjustment and you have a wide range of spring length and stiffness options to choose from since you'd be using a conventional coil over spring in place of the stock one. a 2.5"

Have to lose the air bags?

I run the 295 and had to air up my air bags and roll my fenders. But it looks great with the 10” wheel

View attachment 313087 View attachment 313088 View attachment 313085 View attachment 313086 They look way better in person. Pictures do not do them justice. They rubbed a little in the rear during slow turns over bumps, such as pulling in and out of my driveway. Only slightly lowered with eibach drop springs. Luckily I work at a body shop, so one of the guys hooked me up and rolled the quarters and the wheel well moldings.

What is the backspacing? Any spacers required?