Alt/AC Bracket For 84-85 Alt Upgrade

WE2Regal

I'm looking for the alternator/AC bracket from an NA Regal to upgrade an 84 hot air to the higher 120 amp 87' GN type alternator. The stock 84' hot air bracket won't work.

Can you post a picture of the nicest one so I can determine if it is the correct one? I'm not certain all of the NA Regals used the wider bracket. Thanks.

I think the part number for the correct bracket is 255031034. The number should be cast into the back side.

I have this bracket that i modified for my hotair a long time ago to address the need for more amps and also the need to stop a belt slipping issue at wide open throttle.

The alternator in the pic is off of a 1996 caprice cop car and is rated at 140 amps.

I would probably $40 shipped for this bracket +3% paypal.

Thanks,
Jerry

Thanks for the offer Waco84GN. I'll keep your bracket in mind if I can't find the correct one. Some of the simplest mods sure can be a pain in the neck for hot airs.

I don't, but if you do a search using the part number 255031034 in the Hot Air tech section, there is a picture in the thread entitled "Cheap and easy 140amp solution for hot-air cars" that compares side by side the stock 84-85 bracket with the wider NA bracket.

Last edited: