All TR Owners Read **THEFT**!!!!!!!!!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Please be aware. There is a band of thieves that is targeting Buick Grand Nationals in the South Florida area and is planning to go further North in search of one. The following listed below is the way that they target the victims:

The thieves target their victims is usually by checking the auto-trader for Buick Grand Nationals for sale, then the thieves contacting the person selling the car pre-tending to be interested in buying the car. They ask when can they go by and see the car, when they show up to check the car what they are really doing is checking out the place were the car is stored, the conditions, and the accessibility (they usually will make a very low offer that they know there is no way that the people will take, and then walk away.) Then they came later and take the car.
Don’t just ignore this warning because your car is not for sale, they also take the cars of opportunity. For example if they are going to look at a GN listed on auto trader and along the way they happen to see one that is easy to take they may just grab that one instead of the one they were originally going for. This is straight from the horses’ mouth.

Someone down in the South Florida area had a similar situation he almost made the mistake of giving his address out, but he didn’t when he told the person on the phone to meet him at a public place, not at his “house" they lost interest and hung-up.

This band of thieves usually gets what they go after, and the worst part is that they have access to a tow-truck and a good place to conceal the cars that is not visible.

It has also been told to me that they will be traveling up north to Central Florida to get a car this weekend and possibly further north too. Please pass this info to your friends.

to little to late,last weekend one of my friends t-type was stolen out of his drive way.the sad part is he just put $12,000 in her.the thieves must of had a tow-truck because there was a certain way u had to crank it.this was in the Aiken,sc area.a blue t-type

If anyone catches these guys, I happen to know an AVID TR owner that has a place that bodies would NEVER be found.

I think it would be best to invest in a tracking system for these cars. Like LoJack or some other GPS tracking system.

man someone needs to let them come look at and sit up and wait for them to come back later....with a nice litte high powered rifle ;)

wish mine looked good enough for someone to want to steal it, just bought afew new weapons of choice and need some moving targets.... lol

Forget the rifle. A shotgun is way more personal (closer) and not traceable! And it is harder to miss due to the scatter of the pellets. I would want them to lock down the barrel before the act is done!!!
Conrad