All Buick Car Show - Wallingford, CT

Anyone plan on going to the All Buick Car Show at Wallingford Buick on Sunday, August 17th? I am planning on bringing my GN.

Buick Club of America
Yankee Chapter
All Buick Car Show

Wallingford Buick
1122 Old North Colony Rd.
Wallingford, CT 06492
Sunday, August 17, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Hope to see some TB's on Sunday!

Anyone plan on going to the All Buick Car Show at Wallingford Buick on Sunday, August 17th? I am planning on bringing my GN.

Buick Club of America
Yankee Chapter
All Buick Car Show

Wallingford Buick
1122 Old North Colony Rd.
Wallingford, CT 06492
Sunday, August 17, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Hope to see some TB's on Sunday!

Nope. That club didn't really welcome us last time we were up there. Besides, there are plenty of other opportunities for us Buick guys to get together if people were willing.
AG.

Agreed. Seems like all the awards just went to club memebers. Plenty of nice GN and TR's there last year and a 91 reatta won over all of them since it was club memeber owned.

Won't be going back this year, but haven't seen much around the area for Buick meets..

Really? That's too bad! They should realize that if they treated the TR owners good then it might mean a "boost" in the their membership. HaHa I made a funny! Seriously, we are an important part of the Buick history and they need to realize that. Although you say there are plenty of opportunities to get together it doesn't seem like many people here want to organize any get togethers. There are very few events posted in the New England regional forum. I wish that there were more Buick meets around the area. Besides, I don't really care who gets awarded a $5.00 trophy! If they want to give them to their members, then have at it. I go to socialize with other cars people. I especially enjoy socializing with other Buick people and that is a rare oportunity.

I hope to see some of those other opportunities for the Buick guys to get together.

Weather permitting, I plan on going to Panera Bread on Saturday night. May be able to twist Marks arm to go too.
AG.

Working this weekend. MAYBE Panera Bread Saturday night.

A few years ago we had a nice little group of TR owners who got together for a few things. But, people sold their cars and or moved away. Pretty much me and Turbobitt are the usual TR's around.

Hey Rich......I'll probably go (weather permiting). I know what you mean. There is never anything Buick related let alone Turbo Regal related in CT or surrounding area. You'd think there would be something decent at least in the Tri-State area but there really isn't. The last really good TR gathering that had longevity was the NEBRA get together in MA several years ago but thats gone too. This Wallingford show isn't the greatest obviously but at least its something. And I can give two SH?TS about trophys and the politics that go along with car shows. Its all about GETTING TOGETHER with TR fans, Last year they probably had about 12-15 TRs which to me is decent for what it is. You wont see that any other car show or cruise niight (in CT anyway) or without being a major event like the GS Nationals, Cecil County, Kirbans, or even the one in Illinois this summer well over 100 TRs. Point being our following is WAAAY to small which makes it difficult to find get togethers or organize them. So when something local comes around I think we should take advantage of it.....you never know what could come out of it,

If everyone agrees that they want to get together, and don't care about trophies, then why gather in some crappy parking lot in Wallingford , once a year, with people that rather not have us there?? I'm game for something just about every weekend and Mark and I have tried several times to spark interest in a gathering with no interest.
For example, will probably be at Panara bread tonight with Mark and is much better place to meet, BS, eat, and stay out of the blistering sun.
AG

Last edited:
So Is it worth it for me with an almost 2hr drive to attend? I can care less about any trophy as my car is not up to par with other GN's that maybe there...Mike