ALL BUICK Car show in Wallingford CT.......Aug 16th

GrandV6

Just putting it out there.....

Sunday Aug. 16th. Put on by the Yankee Chapter Buick Club of America. Though with this club......if you ain't a member your probably "NOT" taking any chessy trophy home. I understand how this may turn some folks off but for me its the "ONE" and "ONLY" chance to hang out with other TR fans in CT in significant numbers. And secondly I give to sh#ts about a cheap paper weight I always have good time catching up with friends, hanging out & meeting someone new. The past few years there seem to be about a dozen (or more) or so of us there so with all the show BS its still good time. Besides a little birdie told me a GNX will be there ;-)

Just putting it out there.....

Sunday Aug. 16th. Put on by the Yankee Chapter Buick Club of America. Though with this club......if you ain't a member your probably "NOT" taking any chessy trophy home. I understand how this may turn some folks off but for me its the "ONE" and "ONLY" chance to hang out with other TR fans in CT in significant numbers. And secondly I give to sh#ts about a cheap paper weight I always have good time catching up with friends, hanging out & meeting someone new. The past few years there seem to be about a dozen (or more) or so of us there so with all the show BS its still good time. Besides a little birdie told me a GNX will be there ;-)

Who cares about the GNX. Can see one on demand at just about any time. That show sucks and is no good excuse to meet up only once a year. Mark an I have tried getting members to meet up on the pike many times with less than favorable results.
There are better places to gather and find it hard to believe that the one and only time happens to fall on this weekend...
AG.

Who cares about the GNX. Can see one on demand at just about any time. That show sucks and is no good excuse to meet up only once a year. Mark an I have tried getting members to meet up on the pike many times with less than favorable results.
There are better places to gather and find it hard to believe that the one and only time happens to fall on this weekend...
AG.
Again.....I can give 2 sh#ts about the show itself. But if it is the only time then so be it.....ITS NOT THAT DEEP. I've been to panera (sucks) I've been to almost all the NEBRA events before it went extinct. Went to Pats Auto in South Windsor a few years back too . Without something being a well organized TR event.....forget about it. Unfortunately hanging out at a monthly cruise might will yield minimal results. To each there own....

Again.....I can give 2 sh#ts about the show itself. But if it is the only time then so be it.....ITS NOT THAT DEEP. I've been to panera (sucks) I've been to almost all the NEBRA events before it went extinct. Went to Pats Auto in South Windsor a few years back too . Without something being a well organized TR event.....forget about it. Unfortunately hanging out at a monthly cruise might will yield minimal results. To each there own....

Perhaps you miss the point. If your going to rally the troops you may consider inviting them to a place where they are welcome. I think everyone would agree we don't care about the trophies. It was made clear to everyone they didn't want us there. Plus no escape from the sun, No good food, Nothing to do other than stand in the hot sun.

Mark is hosting a show on October 3rd. He puts on a good show with plenty of shaded areas and food concessions. On top of that he is a Buick guy who serves the TB community so what better way to support the cause.
FYI the show was rescheduled due to rain.

b8561ae92c3f7e79420003b33a6bf7f1.jpg

AG.

Last edited:
WTF is the yankee chapter of america? nvr even heard of them. maybe ill pass thru anyway since I really hav nothn better to do. Marks show looks great. ill def be makn that one this yr

My show is held on the grounds of the nursing home I work for at my day job. Nice grounds, lots of shade. This is our 3rd year of doing it. Got rained out on July 26th and we rescheduled to Saturday October 3rd. You can park on grass or asphalt. Some nice awards including $100 cash to best in show.

My main focus is hanging out with friends & others from the TR community that do go to this event. Regardless of the shows dynamics there seems to more of a TR turn out than anything else locally. Not being welcome? Maybe so if based on no specific TR class. If that's the case maybe it's something that can be changed. Our community is so small (& probably getting smaller) that for me....its not a huge delima dealing with "car show issues". As long as the turnout is decent & cool car owners.
And Marks show IS on my list as well. And have no problem spreading the word.

I don't know why, but I'm confused. Make it simple for me please. What shows are when and where. Mark's? Yankee? Willows?

I don't care about trophies or prizes. I don't care if anyone else likes me or welcomes me. And I don't even care about food or vendors. I just want to hang out with Buick guys in a nice setting. I want to enjoy the ride on a nice day and prefer an event where there will be a good whole bunch of us.

I also hope it's on a day I can make it.

Woodbridge? Just checked the map. That's not too far. About an hour for me. I hope the weather is nice and I hope I can make it.