All Buick/Buick powered and Cadillac event August 10th 2019 Xtreme Raceway

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
We are in the preliminary stages of putting together a Buick event at the new track south of Dallas on i45 in Ferris Tx.
https://www.xtremeracewaypark.com
It is an eighth mile venue. Very nice.

Ken White is going to contact the track and see about a date. Will post updates as things get solidified.

JR Wills messaged me with several great suggestions and at this point we are looking at a Buick event as opposed to a brand x type deal.

A quick eight or possibly quick 16 if the turn out is large enough. Would need some sponsors I would think to attract the heavy hitters so if you know a business or what not that would be willing to help with that an introduction would be great.

Also some classes suggestions were thrown out but more are great.

If you know Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico and other outlying areas please direct them over to the thread so we can get the input to have a successful activity.

Thanks yall. Looking toward to seeing everyone and meeting those we haven't yet. Even if your car isn't finished, bring it out. It should be a great time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in, car isn’t track ready but I will def bring it out. Met you guys at Ennis a few weeks back.

I think Xtreme can handle any power level, invite them all.
It is a 1/8 mile track though... I know some will cry it's not a 1/4.
I'll send a message to Scott Hetzel in Oklahoma and let him know.

The 3rd Annual Turbo Buick get together is April 6, 2019 in Houston. There is also an annual dyno tuning event with Bison being held in Houston around that same time. Rich, I would like to support your event, but my focus ( and my contact list ) will be on these 2 events. David, Dhos1, I'm counting on you being here in Houston on April 6. Rich, I'm almost certain you have been invited in the past, so it would be nice if you could make it.

first I'm hearing if an event in Houston. Get the admin(D Newton I believe) to put that up as a sticky. I'm pretty sure Ken is looking later in the month but haven't heard what was asked of the track. Dies sound like a great time. Where does it take place? Just a gtg At a shop, track day, show of some sort?

Hi Rich.

With [U]JAMCAR223[/U] planning his event on Saturday April 6th, I am working with the shop to have the dyno tuning session with Bison on Sunday April 7th.
This will allow those traveling into Houston to attend both events (if they are dyno-ing), and have their cars ready for track duty at the end of April. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I think Xtreme can handle any power level, invite them all.
It is a 1/8 mile track though... I know some will cry it's not a 1/4.
I'll send a message to Scott Hetzel in Oklahoma and let him know.
I'm not sure who Scott is but dick Walker who is a great friend of mine is the one that put on the Buick Ford shootout here forever and knows every turbobuick owner in our state and I just talked to him on the phone a little bit ago so we can definitely round up some people just let me know

Yes I know Dick as well and a lot of the OK crew. Scott Hetzel is one of the original OK members. I have Scott's number in my phone I didn't have Dick's number.
I've been racing in that event every year since 01.

Yes I know Dick as well and a lot of the OK crew. Scott Hetzel is one of the original OK members. I have Scott's number in my phone I didn't have Dick's number.
I've been racing in that event every year since 01.
Yeah I kind of figured he might be and have probably met him and just don't remember, I just know that dick is the Gn go to guy around here and his house is where alot of people stay when they come in for the shootout, he also owns half of the gns in the state o_O just kidding but he does own a bunch and knows all the players and I spoke to him the other night so definitely can get some guys down there

well, Ken is getting things ironed out with the track. And with the short planning window it looks like it will be a test n tune event and see how many show up. Unfortunately the date the track gave is april 6 so that doesn't do well with our Houston friends. This is info from the Texas Buicks facebook group post.

April 6th and 7th is the same weekend for the annual Buick GTG and for the Dyno event in Houston with Bison. Not good.

Here is Ken's post from Facebook concerning the event:

Wanted to get back with everyone on the Buick Race I mentioned a couple weeks back.

Here's what I think and hope will be best for this year. With only a few months to plan it, I don't feel I can put together a nice Buick Shootout and event.
With this being said, I still want to do a Buick Only Test N Tune day.
I spoke with the track manager last week, he's going to verify it this week, but told me he thinks April 6th will be perfect.

I feel this Buick test n tune day will give me and some more of us Buick guys an idea of what we can do for next year, with a good full year to plan.

My dream for next year is, this event will be a full 2 Day Event. Which will hopefully bring some more Buick guys from a little farther out, plus vendors.

The beauty of this track, they do test n tune from Thursday's through Sunday's. That way, if anyone wanted to do some extra tuning or grudge racing, they can either do it Friday or Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/xtremeracewaypark/

So, it looks like a conflict.

I'm planning on going to Houston right now unless something changes.
Driving the GN to Houston but if I don't go I'll be racing the 01 Regal at Xtreme.

Last edited:
looks like this has become a may event. Ken White posted that he was able to get the track to agree to a May 11 date. From 10-5 for a TNT event . The track is generously allowing the Buick guys to stay latter for no additional for the regular TNT. It will be $20 at the gate and $10 for a tech card. Should be a great time and this will allow our Buick Turbo friends in Houston to hopefully be able to come up for some racing.

That's good news. I will plan on being there. Now, the question is... will you be coming to Houston?

will definitely be looking into coming down. Have to see about my vacation time as I work on Sunday. We haven't been to Houston since we left in 2006 after the huricanes.