Alkycontrol Test not working

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Howdy.

Recently my test button stopped functioning fully. I press the test button and the LED near my boost gauge lights red, but no Alky is pumping in test mode and the button on the controller does not light. I'm sure not alky is running because I can hold it for several seconds at idle, and the engine will not stumble and O2's stay normal.

The Alky is working normally otherwise. I've been purging my lines recently by boosting while rolling, up to about 5-6 psi and waiting for the red LED to light, and then holding boost for a few seconds with the LED on, then letting out.

I can go WOT at 20psi on 91 octane with the Alky gain nob set to 5 and there is 0 KR. Also the Alky tank level goes down normally when I've had my foot in it and all lights function normally, so the system is functioning normally other than the test button not running the pump.:confused:

Suggestions on troubleshooting please?
Is the controller bad?

Sounds like a bad test button switch.. but the LED on the controller not lighting sounds like eithers wires got pulled or a bad connection at the 8 pin CAT5 connector. The LED gets power from the Gain switch and ground from the test button. So if the CAT5 connector is not fully seated, that would explain why its lost ground.. and if it has no ground, the test button and LED wont work.

I dont remember if your setup is one of the newer ones that the head piece with the test/gain knob plugs into the PAC. If so, look at the CAT5 connector and makes sure its properly plugged in. Older setups dont have the CAT5 plug.

Hope this helps, post back what you find..

Thanks, Razor.
It's one of the newer kits.

I'll check it out in the next couple days and post back.

I forgot to post back

The test still does not function.

One othe rsymptom I fogot to describe is the light on the controller is on very dim 100% of the time when the ignition is on. I have to hold my hand over it to create shade for it in order to see it lit.

I disconnected and re-seated the CAT5 connectors, with no improvement.

Same symptoms and operation as in my initial post. I can press and hold the test button and the light on the controller does not get bright....just stays dim.

What else should I check?

I forgot to post back

The test still does not function.

One othe rsymptom I fogot to describe is the light on the controller is on very dim 100% of the time when the ignition is on. I have to hold my hand over it to create shade for it in order to see it lit.

I disconnected and re-seated the CAT5 connectors, with no improvement.

Same symptoms and operation as in my initial post. I can press and hold the test button and the light on the controller does not get bright....just stays dim.

What else should I check?

Call me when your next to the car.

Thanks.

Thanks, Razor.
It'll be several days before I get back to you....heading to Sweden and Estonia for the next several days.

Well....the test is working now.
It seems to take a bit long...5 or more seconds....and the light on the controller is still veeeeeery dim, but it's working

I know....:D

Just that...usually when I'm working on the car, it's a little later in the evening here in Cali (after 8-9PM) so I know you're probably sleeping in Florida.

I'll give you a call when I know it's a reasonable hour for you. Maybe this weekend.

I know....:D

Just that...usually when I'm working on the car, it's a little later in the evening here in Cali (after 8-9PM) so I know you're probably sleeping in Florida.

I'll give you a call when I know it's a reasonable hour for you. Maybe this weekend.

You can also email me ;)

Hey Razor.

Thanks for your help in solving this issue. You continue to demonstrate why going with your Alkycontrol system is the most intelligent choice out there. The level of support the customer receives is unparalleled.

Glad it got figured.. sometimes you have to tread some water to reach land.. :D

Yes but Julio hasn't been on here since August and the other guy since May so you may be waiting a little while for an answer...or you can call alky control.
If its julio's setup there should be a date code etched on the pump, if the pump is over 2yrs old replace it
I think a new pump is 150/165