Alky with a TT 93 chip?

MN250R

hello, is it possible to run my alky setup with my 93 TT street chip. I don't plan on going over 19-20 psi boost. I see on the turbo tweak site it says you can, its just not as aggressive. Has anyone else ran a similar setup? Or do I need to upgrade the chip? Thx!

Mr.Spool

hello, is it possible to run my alky setup with my 93 TT street chip. I don't plan on going over 19-20 psi boost. I see on the turbo tweak site it says you can, its just not as aggressive. Has anyone else ran a similar setup? Or do I need to upgrade the chip? Thx!
yes

Pronto

Chaos is a ladder.
You'll have to carefully pull fuel from the chip. I would not do this without a Powerlogger to monitor. IMHO, I would just send your chip to TT and have it reburned.

Sweet6

I had heard years ago from a well known source that the 93 chip is close to the alky chip. But if getting new no reason not to get the alky chip.

Mr.Spool

I had heard years ago from a well known source that the 93 chip is close to the alky chip. But if getting new no reason not to get the alky chip.
thats the funny thing about these threads.the tt chips are adjustable for a reason ;)

Mr.Spool

I would not do this without a Powerlogger to monitor. IMHO, I would just send your chip to TT and have it reburned.
this post sounds scary;)op wants to run 19/ 20psi on a stock turbo with a single nozzle /60s and has a scan master he can see mv with.im not against the powerlogger but his combo just is way to mild to need all that,he could pull or add fuel easily off the narrowband with that simple setup with literally super low risk due to the low cylinder pressure.

MN250R

Thanks everyone for the replies! My TT chip was an older version, so im getting a reburn with the newest version. I will check out Juilios section also!

TTA976

thats the funny thing about these threads.the tt chips are adjustable for a reason ;)
Ya but It’s going to be rich when the Alky comes on... where’s the adjustment in the chip for that? Erics alky chip has special timing curves to help reduce transitional knock. It would definitely work but definitely send that chip back.

Mr.Spool

Ya but It’s going to be rich when the Alky comes on... where’s the adjustment in the chip for that?
the curve can be adjusted by going into the 1st gear fueling and taking it out.plus the timing can be added or subtracted to further clean up the tune .the area in the chip that can't be adjusted is the ve area which is 7psi or lower,remember its a stock turbo car it will sprint past that area,but if someone miraculously needs to soften that area the alky turn on point can be moved.the kit itself has a ton on adjustability also.the stickey in the alky section covers this as well as does the directions on the tt chip.