Alky tank leaking around fitting

Slick87gn

I tried tightening it but it stills leaks. What do you guys do when the tank leaks around the fitting. ALKYCONTROL kit.

I just noticed mine starting to do the same. Teflon tape?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ok, mine is leaking at one of the brass elbows at the pump. Very tiny drip once in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I drilled it out and made my own out of Russel fittings. It's cheaper then buying another one, and much stronger. Just need a long needle nose pliers to hold the fitting from the inside while you tighten it up on the outside tight enough to properly crush the plastic washer to seal any alky from leaking. No more leaks...
IMG_20180205_1822036.jpg
IMG_20180205_1821257.jpg

I drilled it out and made my own out of Russel fittings. It's cheaper then buying another one, and much stronger. Just need a long needle nose pliers to hold the fitting from the inside while you tighten it up on the outside tight enough to properly crush the plastic washer to seal any alky from leaking. No more leaks...View attachment 332017View attachment 332018Whats the fittings size or numbers so I can order them

What kind of needle nose pliers you have. I can hardly see the corner of the tank let alone a gasket and a nut.

What kind of needle nose pliers you have. I can hardly see the corner of the tank let alone a gasket and a nut.

If you don't have long enough needlenose pliers, Harbor Freight has some affordable ones that would do the job.

They have ones up to almost 16"-18" long, with the jaws about 8" in length, with various angled bends for the tips as well.

FWIW the Harbor Freight ones are just as long as my MAC Tool ones, and they work almost as nice. Only difference between the two is how easy it is to open them. Other than that, I use both pairs interchangeably.

Shouldn't use aluminum with methanol. Ive tried bulkheads in the past, some tanks are just not happy with them.
Great thinking :)