ALDLDROID App

dhy808

An Android app called ALDLDROID was recommended by another user here, Can anyone provide more information on this? It appears to function something like a power logger? Is it as simple to use as it looks on their web site? Please remember that I'm operating of the "Buick Grand National for Dummies" manual. LOL!

I've found it pretty easy to use after setting mine up recently and getting the hang of it. First you'll need to download the ADX files to your phone from the link below and load them into ALDLdroid. Next you pair your phone or tablet to your Scanmaster G and start logging. For $20 it's a no brainer for the value.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I purchased the ALDLdroid app. Installed it along with the proper ADX file. I'm having trouble pairing it to my scanmaster G. It finds my Chevy Colorado bluetooth but will not find the scanmaster. Is there a way to make it scan for bluetooth devices. It simply chooses my Chevy Colorado and does not give me any option to pick for scan for others like my other bluetooth devices do.

You may just be looking at a list of paired devices. Is there a section for "Available Devices"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have it partially figured out. I had to go into my phone and manually add the Scanmaster G and now it shows up in the ALDLDROID app. I have also added the latest ADX file which also has loaded in the app. Now everything looks as it should but it will not pair with the Scanmaster G. The app says "connecting", then after a while says "disconnected". Any ideas why? Thanks for the reply

An Android app called ALDLDROID was recommended by another user here, Can anyone provide more information on this? It appears to function something like a power logger? Is it as simple to use as it looks on their web site? Please remember that I'm operating of the "Buick Grand National for Dummies" manual. LOL!

Just curious, but what was the post count and sign up date on the person that said it was ''like a powerlogger''?

earlbrown, I am the person you are asking about :p I never told him it was like a powerlogger, I told him originally that it allows you to record and replay an entire set of data points, similar to the old turbolink program. And for the record I joined in 2001 and have 660 posts. Owned my Buick since April of 1996.

I asked if it was like a powerlogger and TylerDurden replied as he posted, that it was just a simpler display

The main difference is the powerlogger takes data samples 18 times per second.

All other ALDL devices get new data once every 1.4 seconds (or 1.7. It's been forever since I've played the the ungodly slow stream).

Is there a users manual for this app? I always do better with the ". . . for dummies" references than figuring things out. LOL!

I tried several ADX files from different sites. This is the one that allowed my Scanmaster G to pair with my ALDLDROID app. SCMG_BT_ALDL_Y_001.adx

Attachments

• SCMG_ADX_FILES.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 16
make sure your scanmasterG has the latest updates installed. Mine seemed to work better afer Bob did a patch/fix/update to mine

Hmm, mine would not pair with my phone until I installed the correct adx file. then it fired up right away.

Is there a way to tell what version software is on the Scanmaster G. I don't see any version# on the Scanmaster G screens. I just purchased it from TT but who knows if it is up to date. It's working great so I'd hate to update if I don't have to . . . Murphy seems to follow me around! LOL!

hold the left button when booting up.

adx file has no effect on pairing, but pairing is not "connecting"

Bob

OK, that explains it . . . it was pairing but not connecting! Thanks . . . I told you guys I needed the " . . . for Dummies" manual! LOL!

I checked my Scanmaster G as instructed and it displayed:

Flash 4015
Version 1.07.

The files that I downloaded from the Scanmaster G website are:

SCMG_B_1_06T.S19
SCMG_B_1_06.S19

Are these version 1.06 and I have a higher version or do I need to upgrade?

Thanks

Dennis