Alcohol holding tank issues

michael evans

Wondering if anyone has/had a problem like me ? When ever a put any kind of pressure on the holding tank the pump leaks.

Got under the car and everything is tight and it is differently coming out the pump/motor area.

If I let it empty all the way out and let it dry, I can fill the tank back up and it holds fine.

The pump puts out good pressure and other wise works as it should.

The pump is only one year old bought 8-18-2018.

I have Julio rebuild my pump every year. I bought a used one as a back up and had him rebuild it so I always have a fresh one on the shelf.

Have you looked at the pump for leaks while running? Also can you explain what you mean by “pressure on the tank”?

You need to invest in a pressure test kit from Julio... iMO everyone with Alky needs one... I use it to test pump pressures and whenever I make new lines to test them... it can save you a lot of headaches and money in the long run.
-aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have you looked at the pump for leaks while running?

Like aim a Go Pro at it ?

Had him send me a new pump so I can change them out. I will either have him rebuild this one or send him another so I will have one on hand also (have three used pumps on hand).

Have logged a few runs and the pressures look good, but never have I checked it for physical leak as the tank never empties out unless I press on the tank.

Last edited:
I
You need to invest in a pressure test kit from Julio... iMO everyone with Alky needs one... I use it to test pump pressures and whenever I make new lines to test them... it can save you a lot of headaches and money in the long run.
-aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
this is what I meant, Took video of mine and was shocked. Posted a video years ago but it’s gone. Watch pump under test to know if it leaks. Should have the tester. Seems like something is cracked if it leaks when leaned on.

That is what has me puzzled nothing looks cracked or lose. Maybe it is time to get a pressure checker from him.

Will look on U-tube for it.

Removed pump is on it's way to Alky control to get checked out.

New pump is on and checked with the tester I got from Alky Control.