Alcohol and injectors

wheelstands

Can some alcohol injection be used with 42 lb. Injectors? If the 42 lb injectors could support the alcohol, would it be worth the effort? I'm sure it would require a specific chip for that injector.

Can some alcohol injection be used with 42 lb. Injectors? If the 42 lb injectors could support the alcohol, would it be worth the effort? I'm sure it would require a specific chip for that injector.
Can you be more specific about what your asking?
An injector should be chosen on horsepower that you want to make with around a 20% cushion.
So you need to know how much power you want to make.
42s with an alkycontrol system can support enough fuel to run 10s.
If your talking about alky just going through a 42lb injector,yes it will but it will require roughly 30% more fuel on e85
50% more for methanol.

I was wondering what the possibilities were if I ran the 42lb injectors and an alcohol injector system to supplement the fuel. I have the 42lb injectors but haven't installed them yet so I could choose to use 60lb injectors instead. It was just more of a hypothetical question on how much power could be made with alcohol and 42lb injectors with a basically stock motor with a fuel pump and AFR. I don't think I did a very good job wording my post and this has probably been answered here many times. I have since found some info on the forums but would still appreciate your input. I'm too new on here to decide how much power I need to make and still have my drivetrain and wallet survive.

It's ok
Re read my post.
You could be supplementing the 42 lb injector depending on power level or adding methanol on top of maxing out the 42pb injector.
It's a good way to go,I went 10s on a cast 58mm turbo with 2 m10s and 42lb injector on stock motor with a mild port head.
The alky can be used as fuel as it is a fuel.
Car made around 600hp at the time

Im a amateur tuner have been for 15 years . My car had about the same boltons as you with ALKY single nozzle. I had just got it in the 12s (high) I bolted on a 5857 a reburned chip and Im heading down to the 11s when my wallet got ripped from my pocket stomped allover
As soon as you decide the stock Turbo Buick is not fast enough and you're willing to spend on your car 1/2 the prices a new DODGE Redeye to go 11 safely, stop and think Im driving a car that was the fastest thing out there in 87. Think of all the people that drive past you with thumbs up.
all the Hellcats and Mustangs that want to take you on but don't know if its stock or has 30K invested in it and would blow his doors off.
These cars have never been easy on the wallet if not left mostly stock and low 13 high high 12s.
And IMO I would not go ALKY unless your ready to make it a track car, No ALKY and lets go get ice cream and showoff what I got. ( one a month to the track as a trailer queen or every weekend to Dairy Queen as a garage queen)

Thanks for the great advice. I plan on putting in the 42lb injectors that I already have and a matching TT chip. And maybe some new valve springs but that is it for now. My Regal-T only has 40k miles on it with perfect interior and nice patina paint so I'm not in a hurry to take it off the street. I guess I'm just thinking, what if, for now. I bought a brand new 86 GN and it was involved in a wreck (not my fault) in 87 so I bought a new 87 GN and your correct, they did they get the thumbs up. But in the day, we had no need to alter them to keep up.