Air ride

We are a authorized dealer for RideTech and we can save you some money vs going there! The Air Ride systems are the cats AZZ! Complete adjustability with a touch of a button, 3 saved ride height's and ride quality settings....A good friend Vinny has this on his 69 Camaro and has had a low 1;43 sixty foot time.....Just a fantastic set up!

Here is our prices on those Air-Ride kits: ;)

Level 1 = $2,250 ($100 savings)

Level 2 = $4,550 ($200 savings)

Level 3 = $7,450 ($400 savings!)

How is the noise of the compessor? I can make room in the trunk, but not sure how often it is on, etc.
A friend of mine has a Cadillac with air ride and it is dead silent.

How is the noise of the compessor? I can make room in the trunk, but not sure how often it is on, etc.
A friend of mine has a Cadillac with air ride and it is dead silent.
To be honest with you I never heard them run and I have been around a bunch of air ride equipped cars at these Pro-touring events...

My Dad has a Ridetech setup on the front of his '57, compressor isn't much louder than an inline electric fuel pump. One day I hope my GN has it as well!

Is Level 1 completely bolt in? Anything else needed or can you just roll with that?

So Cal has Ride Tech coming out Dec 28th to demo and Q&A session here is Phoenix. Going to get the low down...

So Cal has Ride Tech coming out Dec 28th to demo and Q&A session here is Phoenix. Going to get the low down...
RideTech was with us at this years Buick GS Nationals in Bowling Green, KY for three days pretty much doing the same thing, Great group of guy's....

The air ride shock wave's install in the same locations as any other coil over or shock, then you mount the compressor on that shelf in the trunk right behind the seat, run all your air lines, all your electrical wires, mount the controller in the car and that's pretty much the low down... On our G-Body cars the one thing we need to watch out for is the spring pocket in the front where our OEM coil spring went through into the frame, those have retainer tabs in there that might interfere with the air bag on the shock wave shock, other than that, like I said they install just like any other shock by using the same mounting points....

We just sold a kit to a guy yesterday with a Pantera..

Just trying to figure out about the self leveling stuff. I see some shocks have it built in and others need the kit mounted on the frame with an arm to the control arm. After I get it all figured out what would be the right fit for me, I'll PM you and get-r-done.

They don't have the internal ride-height sensors in their shocks anymore they only have the external ones now which ended up working much better.. Here is why, Before with the internal sensors when you piled people in the car or luggage that extra weight had to over come the rate before the sensors could pick up on that to then automatically readjust the air in the bags, with the external sensors fixed to a non moving part like the frame the minute that frame moved those sensors picked up on that much easier and it adjusted the ride height to the saved setting... Pretty much like the Lincolns do.

So do you think if I am going to go air ride, I should have these?
Seems like they would replace sway bar? A little confused on all the options.

So do you think if I am going to go air ride, I should have these?
Seems like they would replace sway bar? A little confused on all the options.
Okay... here is the deal without the level pro say you have your normal settings at say 80 front & 60 rear and today your loading 3 more of your buddies in the car to go somewhere, (Without) the level pro your rear setting of 60 will no longer support the added weight so you have to manually touch the button inside the car to add air and adjust for that extra weight, then when that extra weight is out of the car it would have to be manually set back by letting air out... With the Level Pro system that is all done automatically for you as it senses that for you and does ALL of the adjustments for you... Worry free / Hands free.

PS: They are not intended to replace the sway bars and sway bars are still recommended!

I hope that explains things a little bit better....

Scot W.

Ok, that makes sense...
Does the stiffness of the ride have anything to do with the ride height?
I'm hoping you can adjust the "spring rate" and ride height separate?

On all the air ride systems the air pressure is what adjusts the ride height and in turn adds to the spring rate, The level 2 is the best way to go on these air ride systems because it comes with their Single Adjustable shocks that allow for more valve adjustments to achieve your desired ride quality, It also comes with the new e3 controller which will allow you 3 saved settings.

The ride will not be harsh if you have the car at normal ride height, It would get harsh lifted way up there and you drove like that but we all know that no one will be doing that! There are many many great reviews about the ride quality of the shock wave system that these guy's have perfected over the last 15 years...