Air dam

Ok. Just so you know, and to help maintain proper air-flow and cooling you would want to do one of two things:

A) go with the 84-85 style James referenced above so that it doesn't have the notched out passage for the intercooler scoop to sit that would let the air channel through and bypass things

Or

B) if you wanted the appearance and having that gap in the middle front then once installing th e 86-87 style cut one of those bar shaped dams down to mount back to the bottom of the core support in the gap between them. had that setup on a car that's been getting parted out here in georgia and worked well, I'd offer the pieces to ya but they were used when I got then with a couple scuffs and a crack. Functional, but not real nice, probably better off getting them from someone else :)

I jus want the appearance the 86-87th have. I'm runnin two 12inch electric fans and I'm gonna get the gnx vents with lil fans to turn on when the electric fans go on

you have an 83 but want the 87 look ... then why didnt you start off asking for 87 air dams .. theres two of them .. R+L
oh and like the 85 and earlier air dam they are discontinued so good luck in your search

i have an NOS right side (pass) 86-87 air dam

thats an option but ship is high and that has a scoopin center for a stock Intercooler
thought you were after the 87 look

now im shaking my head because this thread reads like a vaudeville act ...still waiting on the punch line and drum roll

heres a pic , whats in the middle is the scoop for the 86-87 stock intercooler
front87.jpg