Air Bag Heat Shield Installation

jskarateka

Installing dual Air Lift bag kit purchased from GbodyParts. I have the Pypes 2.5in stainless dual exhaust. I would say the closest they get to the springs is 1.5 inches. Air bag kit comes with exhaust heat shields, do you guys think they are necessary? Not too lazy to install it's just that they look like they might sing back there on occasion like tuning forks, Lol.

- 87 GN, 109 block with all forged internals (thanks Rick), Champion ported irons, 212-212 Roller with roller rockers, 60lb injectors, Razor's Alky, Bison's 62/62 Turbo, David Husek's 2800 stall TC, LS1 MAF, Hotwired Walbro, TT Alky chip, RJC 3in DP, Turbonetics boost controller, Pypes 2.5 dual exhaust, RJC plate, AEM Wideband, Powerlogger, Knock gauge, Knock alarm, 275/60-15 DRs, RJC FMIC, GN1 Alum Radiator with dual Spal fans. 11.61@121 on pump gas and Alky.

I've never used them for the airbags, I did use them up front as a control arm bushing heat shield before Kirban came out with the bolt on heat shield for that rear bushing.

I used the heat shields on both pipes and just bent them in such a way that they don't come close to the springs or anything. No problems since.