Aftermarket turbo gauge question

GNXV6

Where is the best place to splice the vacuum line for aftermarket turbo gauge?

Thank you

I have a vacuum/ boost gauge that I tapped into the back of the plenum because I didn't realize there are check valves in the system.
The places I checked only had boost, no vacuum.
It would have been nice to have the internet and this site back in '86 when I installed it.

This is a timely topic...I'm also installing a boost gauge, but this one is electric. I've already T'd into the stock vacuum line, minimizing vacuum line sections to keep things neat & tidy. Mine doesn't need to run a vacuum tube through the dash, just 3 wires which I'll connect with an add-a-circuit to the fuse box, then to the connector on the rear of the gauge itself. The pics show my install, excluding zip ties, which I'll add at the end. I find that the stock rubber end that originally fits onto the stock MAP sensor fits the plastic tee a bit too loose.

My question is, where's the easiest way to route the electrical wires through the firewall to the interior? Across the back of the motor and top of the firewall over to the driver's side, or is there a shorter route through the passenger side of the firewall somewhere?

BoostGauge1.JPG

BoostGauge2.JPG