Aftermarket Stereo Question

You are not going to find and aftermarket receiver even close to the same size as a OEM stereo. Most quality aftermarket stereos comes with a
a black kit to fill in the gaps from the factory radio plate that you will have from the installation. Pioneer makes some excellent stereos for our cars.

You are not going to find and aftermarket receiver even close to the same size as a OEM stereo. Most quality aftermarket stereos comes with a
a black kit to fill in the gaps from the factory radio plate that you will have from the installation. Pioneer makes some excellent stereos for our cars.
I can as afraid of that.
That sucks

I can as afraid of that.
That sucks

The good thing about and quality aftermarket stereo is there is no cutting and shimming,and you can always reinsert your OEM.
Are you having problem with your factory radio,or just wanting to upgrade.

The good thing about and quality aftermarket stereo is there is no cutting and shimming,and you can always reinsert your OEM.
Are you having problem with your factory radio,or just wanting to upgrade.

Just want to upgrade for better sound and use my CDs

I’ll end up going with the after market.

I was hoping and wishing there was a similar size.
But oh well

You can always look for a GM unit like the ones which came in '92 Roadmaster era… Like the one pictured below. Fits and looks original but with a cd player instead of cassettes.

Claude.
DSC00087.JPG
MVC-889S.JPG.jpg

You can use a factory late model unit with cd player as a plug and play alternative.

I used one from a 93 caddy, I think...... it's been a long time but an internet search should get you the info you need....

I do still, however, have that 80's shitty, no bass, tinny sounding system because I only changed the head. I haven't yet done any other system upgrades.

There are several folks out there that will upgrade your stock unit with an RCA jack that will let you plug in an iPod or other type MP3 player. The same can be done with a comparable unit with a CD player in it. That might be the way to go, I wish I would have thought of it at the time I did my swap.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 169
Retrosound Newport model should be the same as our stock size. That one has Bluetooth and USB.

Very simple appearance and looks stock from afar.