Aftermarket shifter handle for stock shifter

joed

Is anyone using aftermarket handles on the stock TR floor shifter? Was looking at the MOMO in classic industries catalog, push button with chrome or black, also there was a Buick specific / billet version that was out for a while (N/A now) but a couple guys I know didn't like how they worked and sold theirs.
Thoughts? Experiences?
Thank you.

Mines been in the car since 2003 works fine, daily driver, locking allen set screws get loose every now and then, easy to tighten up with a little allen wrench kept in the console. Once or twice a year the button gets stuck in if you push it too far, a rap on the top of the handle pops it out easy enough. Kinda bright out today so the pic. isn't the greatest.
20220711_124548.jpg

Mines been in the car since 2003 works fine, daily driver, locking allen set screws get loose every now and then, easy to tighten up with a little allen wrench kept in the console. Once or twice a year the button gets stuck in if you push it too far, a rap on the top of the handle pops it out easy enough. Kinda bright out today so the pic. isn't the greatest.
I always liked that one, yours looks really good for in use as daily driver all that time! A friend has very similar old one that works great but the newer ones didn't seem to. Thanks!
Was wondering if the rod/cylinder mechanism on the car is a "standard push button style" shifter that accepts the generic ones that are currently available? Seems like it should be same for most G-bodies and many others...

Kinda bright out today so the pic. isn't the greatest.
Salvage V6,
Nice shifter handle, how hot does that thing get when it sits in the sun?
Do you have T-Tops on your car?
Which Vendor did you get that one from?
- ENJOY!!!

p.s. Looks like that box for your Serengeti's doesn't owe you a thing either!!! LOL

Salvage V6,
Nice shifter handle, how hot does that thing get when it sits in the sun?
Do you have T-Tops on your car?
Which Vendor did you get that one from?
- ENJOY!!!

p.s. Looks like that box for your Serengeti's doesn't owe you a thing either!!! LOL
Haha! I’m pretty sure that handle is O.O.P. For a while.
ps. I have a black sun block film (actually limo-black-window-tint) on my t-tops. Really helps those few times I’m out in blazing sun.

I’m pretty sure that handle is O.O.P. For a while.
Joed,
Understood when he said he's had it on since 2003 that it probably isn't available anymore.
It does look like it has held up very well under Daily Driving for this amount of time!!!
I see a few Vendors that are still advertising those types of handle though, perhaps need of an Internet Site update???
- ENJOY!!!

Astroroof gotta have both summer and winter sunglasses and my early 90's Serengeti's are the best. :cool:
Ray Bans in the other holder and the big giant dark plastic covers for eye doctor visits in the glove box. o_O
Don't get old kiddies... :rolleyes:
I guess Kevin finally retired from engraving cool stuff, here's the 20 year old keychain fob he engraved.
He had an '84 hot air car too.
Disregard the white sox and slippers and the 60 year old formica counter.... I'm retired. :oops:
DUO 1-1 7-12-2022, 11-15-03 AM.jpg
20220712_112112.jpg

Astroroof gotta have both summer and winter sunglasses and my early 90's Serengeti's are the best. :cool:
Ray Bans in the other holder and the big giant dark plastic covers for eye doctor visits in the glove box. o_O
Don't get old kiddies... :rolleyes:
I guess Kevin finally retired from engraving cool stuff, here's the 20 year old keychain fob he engraved.
He had an '84 hot air car too.
Disregard the white sox and slippers and the 60 year old formica counter.... I'm retired. :oops:
View attachment 385472View attachment 385473
Aint nothing wrong with formica, and I have similar "Boat shoes"
Your NOT old, your older than you were, we ALL are!!!