AEM 30-0300 Wideband wont fit gauge holder

joed

Never mounted the gauge that came with my old Innovate LC-1 for many years with out WB gauge, just logged in PL. The AEM Gauge is pretty nice, got the white face to match and I thought it would be nice to keep an eye on things. Pulled out all the dual gauge stuff, remounting with WB up in the top spot...Doesn't fit the G-body parts 3 gauge holder. Not to mention that the 2 fat cables that feed it are tough to stuff into the a-pillar also. Makes connection and wiring a breeze but 2 fat cables to the gauge. It's really too large on the outside where the bezel trim ring screws on the gauge body, there isn't much room around where the hole is located in the pod, so it interferes with the ring. Anyone overcome this? I don't what to just start hacking things up. Heat and bend the holder? Trim the bezel? Open up the hole in the holder? May have to go back to 2 gauge with boost and knock, no WB?....sadly.
Thanks for reading.

Have you tried taking a sanding bit on a dremel and opening up the hole slightly?

Id trace a line around the hole before you start trimming, so you know how much room you have to work with.