Advise on new downpipe

karol

Lot of people here seem to like the rjc down pipe, so I’ve been trying to get in touch with them .
Left several messages and emails , over the course of a couple weeks , not a phone call back or email . How reputable are they? Is this the norm for them ?
Any other recommendations on downpipe?
I’m just looking for a good stainless 3” internal gate .

karol

Jason is good people and a good vendor
I’ve heard a lot of good things about his products from here . That’s why I tried getting in touch to place an order , but not returning messages or emails or answering phones calls , I don’t know .. call me old fashioned but there’s a level of customer service that should come along with being a vendor .
I run a business , and no matter how busy we are , we always at least make an effort to reply to a customer .
So I’ll give it one last kick at the can , and if I can’t anywhere what’s your second choice for downpipe?

'87 Turbo "T"

What a shitshow!
Be patient. Jason will give ya a call back. Never emailed him so can’t vouch there but every time I’ve left a message he’s called back.

Think he was on vacation until the 15th so maybe he’s playing catch-up.

karol

Thanks for the replies guys , that’s why I love being here … you guys are honest with good info . I’m a patient guy , I’ve waited a several weeks , what’s a couple more .
I didn’t realize he was a man show and out of stock at the moment .

karol

I figured I could wait. Have plenty of other stuff to do before the exhaust goes on.
Yeah I totally get what your saying , on my end all I need is the downpipe to get er back on the road .. last piece.
I Feel like an anxious child at times , nice weather is upon us .. cars are coming out
& im parked 😰 .

karol

Dont forget about the over 30 years in business TA performance. MADE in the USA stainless, out of AZ.
Give them a shot, never heard a complaint about a 3" TA downpipe.
Nick Micale from www.arizonaGN.net also is a direct vendor for TA and they have worked together for decades I believe.

Goodluck
Thanks for the info ! I appreciate it , I’ll definitely look into that one as well .
I’ll give Jason another call this week , and see about his time line and availability if I can get a hold of him . If not then this will be the one . Thanks bud 🍻

'87 Turbo "T"

What a shitshow!
I agree. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from Mike at TA. Spent lots of money there. Quality parts no doubt.

To be honest I know shipping is expensive everywhere but I for shipping from AZ to CO they are outrageous.

I also appreciate the security of their set-up but having to sign for anything over $100 can be hard as I work & don’t have a place of work they can ship to.

RichieRocket

I agree. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from Mike at TA. Spent lots of money there. Quality parts no doubt.

To be honest I know shipping is expensive everywhere but I for shipping from AZ to CO they are outrageous.

I also appreciate the security of their set-up but having to sign for anything over $100 can be hard as I work & don’t have a place of work they can ship to.
I can’t wait until ring doorbell cameras are capable of broadcasting an e-signature option. It’s not far off I’m sure..

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
I'm familiar with the RJC 3" down-pipe. Worth the wait. Send Jason an e-mail. He is usually prompt unless he is at a show/race/activity.

Have no doubt the TA pipe is good also, but I have not seen it in person. Their replacement header & cross-over pipe are excellent.

I believe they may contract with the same tubing supply company that mandrel bends 3" pipe.

Some of the lesser 3" down-pipes sit high & are too close to the heater/AC box.