advice?

Karri

Had/have a car for sale.. posted my add as honestly as I could.. guy told me he wanted it. Said he sent me a check signature required. My ex signs up under a false name and posts negative comments about the car to try to ruin the sale for me... found out this and talked to the guy, he said he still wanted the car. Its been about two weeks now, no money has shown up, no deposit, no nothing. Guy said he called the post office and had it traced to Fargo, ND (neither of us live anywhere near there). Guy still says he wants the car and says he sent the money. Few more days go by and I asked a couple of times for the tracking number for the check myself, but had my text messages unanswered.
I need to sell this car. I will be moving this coming month and need the car gone and the $$
I'm very torn, I'm starting to feel I'm getting jerked around... expecially since its been so long and the lack of contact/correction on this matter.

However, after talking to him, I also do believe him to be a very honest and sincere person who isn't trying to be malicious. A genually nice guy.... Lots of stress and just busy? I don't know. If I thought otherwize about him even slightly, I wouldn't hesitate to cancle the sale after all this.

Should I sell the car to the other guy who is interested instead and if the check eventually does show up, just return it? Mine isn't the only fixer-upper out there..

What do you guys think?
:confused:

Sounds like a scammer to me. Leave it alone and let him try to sue you for the money. I'll bet it won't happen. He has no proof that you ever recieved payment to fufill contract of sale. Bought the car sight unseen...money sent through mail when b to b transfers are the norm....Scammers are very sicere when it comes to getting your money or info.

Sounds like a scammer to me. Leave it alone and let him try to sue you for the money. I'll bet it won't happen. He has no proof that you ever recieved payment to fufill contract of sale. Bought the car sight unseen...money sent through mail when b to b transfers are the norm....Scammers are very sicere when it comes to getting your money or info.

X2..if you didn't sign any type of purchase agreement with this guy, you're not obligated to anything.

Had/have a car for sale.. posted my add as honestly as I could.. guy told me he wanted it. Said he sent me a check signature required. My ex signs up under a false name and posts negative comments about the car to try to ruin the sale for me... found out this and talked to the guy, he said he still wanted the car. Its been about two weeks now, no money has shown up, no deposit, no nothing. Guy said he called the post office and had it traced to Fargo, ND (neither of us live anywhere near there). Guy still says he wants the car and says he sent the money. Few more days go by and I asked a couple of times for the tracking number for the check myself, but had my text messages unanswered.
I need to sell this car. I will be moving this coming month and need the car gone and the $$
I'm very torn, I'm starting to feel I'm getting jerked around... expecially since its been so long and the lack of contact/correction on this matter.

However, after talking to him, I also do believe him to be a very honest and sincere person who isn't trying to be malicious. A genually nice guy.... Lots of stress and just busy? I don't know. If I thought otherwize about him even slightly, I wouldn't hesitate to cancle the sale after all this.

Should I sell the car to the other guy who is interested instead and if the check eventually does show up, just return it? Mine isn't the only fixer-upper out there..

What do you guys think?
:confused:
In this case, after watching the sale, and your ex asking me to remove his IP location I would send one last message to the first buyer saying you have 7 days to get the money or it goes to second in line.

If somebody "wants" a car, they get it done short of a health issue of some sort.

Give him notice and if he doesn't come through move on.

It's been two weeks. Move on and sell it to someone with cash in hand. If the person said that they sent a check, and now doesn't respond to you...he lied.

In this case, after watching the sale, and your ex asking me to remove his IP location I would send one last message to the first buyer saying you have 7 days to get the money or it goes to second in line.

If somebody "wants" a car, they get it done short of a health issue of some sort.

Give him notice and if he doesn't come through move on.

I was wondering why his IP location dissapeared off your post. but I understand what you and all the other guys are saying. I should have at least gotten a down pmt by now. I will send him another message before I see if the second in line still wants the car. I just hate to think I would get a bad rap as a seller. Ive sold other cars before, this isnt my first rodeo.. Heck - had one car get sold to a guy in France.. but ive never had to deal with a situation such as this one.

IMHO, two weeks is more than enough for funds to have arrived. I'd sell to the next guy in line, especially considering the lack of communication as of late with this first buyer. This sale is a business transaction. Treat it as such. I can tell you no dealership out there would hold a car for two weeks waiting on someone when others are in line to buy.

Will give him the benifit of the doubt so I sent him one last message stateing I want a deposit to hold the car sent paypal or western union. If there is a lost check out there, he can cancel it and pay me the rest of the money when he comes to get the car or has someone else pick it up. No money and tracking number by Monday, car goes to the next guy to offer money.
So far, no reply.

I had a similiar situation when I sold my 1956 Ford panel- guy was wanted the panel and I waited for over 2 weeks for payment after that I told him that's it... I had a guy from Nevada fly up 2 days later and looked at it, paid cash and cashier's check... I loaded it up that afternoon and hauled to a transporter 2 hr drive away, and he had the vehicle 3 days later in Nevada...

No money showed up and no reply from him to my last message so the car is back up for sale. I am contacting everyone who were waiting in line now. Will take best offer to first guy with cash.