Advice on new radio

87gn1

Hello everyone need a little advice on installing a new stereo and speakers in my 87 gn that has the concert sound 2 option dash speakers door speakers and rear deck. I want to install new head unit it does have power antenna. One of my questions is the concert sound I want to use all the speaker Openeings and want to know if someone sells a harness that is a plug and play for a after market unit. What is the best options for a new head unit single din or din and a half or will a new style double din work thanks for all your help in advance.

My advice it to not waste your time with the dash speakers and go with a single din. I don't know about the plugs since mine was toast when I bought the car. I would be willing to bet that someone makes the plug for the new head unit to plug right into the factory wiring.

I would also change the rear speakers to 6x9's. You can buy an adapter so they will work. Don't cut the metal to make them fit. I bought the adapters on eBay for $40 a few years ago so the price may have changed a bit.

You can do whatever you want but I am sure others would agree with me about the dash and rear deck speakers.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Those 6X9 adapters don't work for all types of speakers if the magnets are too big. I had that problem ended up having to take it to the stereo shop so they could custom make adapters for my 6X9s.

Dash speakers work if you purchase high end ones.

Crutchfield sells the adapter kits for about $10. Just bought one about 2 months ago and it worked out great. Also, 5x7's fit in the rear hangers. Make sure you get the polarity correct or you will have little to no bass. Several wiring diagrams on this site.

Crutchfield sells the adapter kits for about $10. Just bought one about 2 months ago and it worked out great. Also, 5x7's fit in the rear hangers. Make sure you get the polarity correct or you will have little to no bass. Several wiring diagrams on this site.