Adjusting Bosch 233 regulator

from this...

....The car is just a street driven toy. It will currently only hold about 10-12# of boost before i hear detonation. So, just quick stabs at the throttle are really all its good for. Anything longer than about 3 seconds of hard accel and you have to start lifting....

to this...

...Took her for a fresh tank of good ole' CA. 91 and gave her a few blasts too see how it held up under boost. 15# was easy, and long hauls on the skinny pedal saw 18# with no knock. I'm a bit surprised, pleasantly surprised. That's probably the hardest i've been able to pedal the car in almost 2 years of owning it....

is great news. I'm sure there is a lot of satisfaction felt from the driver's seat as it should be.

I looked up the holley adj fpr noted above. Summit notes it is no longer available. But Jegs has it for $132.99. that's a fantastic piece for emissions inspectors. If you know anyone with an NHRA membership, both jegs and summit offer varying discounts when those folks log in to their jegs and summit accounts. discount could be 0 to 50 percent. maybe someone you know in the other car circle could get you a better price?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...10002&langId=-1&productId=72462&storeId=10001

As I stated in the beginning. Use a 237 regulator. It will give you the base pressure you need and is stock. It will not raise a flag on inspection.

I've got my FP situation handled. Thanks again guys.

One more question since we keep beating this dead horse,....

Why are people using the adjustable FPR when a 237 does the trick? At what point do your mods require more FP than the base 43#?

I've got my FP situation handled. Thanks again guys.

One more question since we keep beating this dead horse,....

Why are people using the adjustable FPR when a 237 does the trick? At what point do your mods require more FP than the base 43#?
When we get to a point that our injectors are at the end of their ability to provide enough fuel to our engines. There are two options if we have more than enough fuel pump capability and we most probably do. We can buy bigger injectors or we can raise the fuel pressure. Raising the fuel pressure will force more fuel through the small opening of the injector and it atomizes the fuel better. Most of us don't get everything we can out of our injectors because we don't think to raise the fuel pressure instead of buying new injectors. Likewise,most of us don't get everything we can from our fuel pumps because we don't think to increase the voltage we are sending to the pump. More voltage and pressure do a lot to increase the fuel delivery to an engine.

Another reason to have adjust ability is to fine tune the air fuel ratio at WOT to get the best performance. In my particular situation,I can adjust fuel delivery in 2 percent increments with my translator and that is sometimes too much of a change so raising or lowering the fuel pressure gets me where I need to be.

Last edited: