Adirondack Nationals 2017, Lake George, NY

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I attended the Adirondack Nationals in Lake George, NY last weekend with my Chevelle. It was a great show with about 3,000 cars.
BUT…
I was disappointed with the way they give out the awards…
frown.gif
There is no real judging done by "real" judges (for example like at an ISCA show) and the awards are given to any car which happen to please "the guys" who walk the aisles acting as judges barely taking 10 seconds to look at a car and choose a winner based on that.
clonk.gif

Also they only reward 50 cars out of 3,000 which I find ridiculous…You should've seen how many gorgeous cars who went home empty handed… I feel that's not the correct way to encourage the car owners to come back the next year, especially when they see the "Favorite 50" winner cars which were chosen, many of them not as nice as expected to be in that small select group of 50 cars. I think that if you want a show to be regarded as a serious, maybe more prestigious car show, there has to be real judges who take the time to take a closer look at the cars and give out the awards to the ones who really deserve them, not to some car you happen to walk by.
Too bad but I am disappointed and have no plans to go back again.
noway.gif

Claude.

That show is more about the cruising and hanging out with fellow enthusiasts. It would be impossible to judge all 3000 cars in detail especially with how that show is laid out. With that many cars attending they could up it to a Top 100 at least plus special awards. I haven't been there since 1995 and was lucky enough to get an award with my 66 pro street Chevelle.

Have the cops/town relaxed their "zero tolerance for burnouts" policy? I went in 2014 and it was comple madness every night, definately the most car-related fun i ever had! There were full on race cars shredding tires everywhere you looked, the main road was literally paved with rubber and for the most part everyone kinda policed themselves. I went back in 2015 and there was a strict no-fun policy in place, all that was allowed was show participants were allowed to parade down the strip. I saw multiple tickets, arrests and tows issued to anyone who even thought about spinning the tires, couldnt have been more disappointed and swore i would never go back. I heard rumors that attendance was down so much last yr that they were trying to get it back to how it used to be, wondering if theres any truth to that?

I pretty much only went for the mayhem and cruising at night, the car show was something neat to do during the day to pass the time but the sights and sounds at night were the main attraction.

"haywire4130", I guess you and I have completely opposite views…The burnouts were another thing I didn't like about that "free-for-all" kind of show. I don't like the burnouts for two reasons: 1° I've been drag racing all my life and have seen more than my share of burnouts every weekend… and 2° On the street, they're just a tragedy waiting to happen with a lot of people, children on the sidewalks, it's definitely not safe. It also sets a bad example and take away a lot of the seriousness of the event. It's not the organizers' fault and that's why the police needs to be more and more more present and crack down even more on the guys doing burnouts….good for these who got arrested they just got what they deserved. Why is it that burnouts is the street are not permitted all year round and all of a sudden it's ok to do them??
wacko.gif
…beats me… "Because it's a car" show is not an excuse to do away with everyone's safety, sorry.
Claude.

I respect your point and i dont disagree with you that its dangerous... what i got out of the show was the fact that it was something different and exciting to go see that i cant see anywhere else. I go to laconia and sturgis bike weeks for the same reason, its exciting to go to a place where people drive sportsman race cars with zoomies down main street, just like a noisy bike rally with live bands playing and topless women walking around. I can see a car or bike show any night within 20 miles of my house. I traveled 400ish miles and dropped a lot of money in that town during the week to see a loud dangerous lawless car gathering. Im not saying youre wrong, im just explaining my take on it.

Hey, you didn't send me any pictures of topless women at Sturgis. That's not fair. :(
The Summer Nationals in Worcester, Ma used to allow open headers and had a special area under a bridge that was the burnout area. It was lots of fun. Not done anymore. No more fun.

The real fun is the spirited driving that takes place on the Northway(y)there really has been a o tolerance for messing around on the streets up there a little over the top inmo and the turnout reflects that.

I hadnt seen the "spirited driving" on the northway, only seen evidence of it (2 pairs of 2 foot wide crooked slabs spaced every mile or so) i bet its a good time for sure!

Claude I told you that you should have gone to BG;) once again it was a blast. I think my wife likes it more than I do.:rolleyes: We missed you and Martin

Claude I told you that you should have gone to BG;) once again it was a blast. I think my wife likes it more than I do.:rolleyes: We missed you and Martin
Kevin, I missed it but Martin was there!… He himself told me that he lost in the first round against Manny (from Florida).

Claude. :)