Add timing?

6SENSE

Was just thinking. Havent ran the car in 2 years before last week. Went to the track last night and first pass ran a 13.0 @105, 0 KR on top. I turn up the WG 1 turn and spin through the 60 for a 13.1 w/ mph slightly lower still 0 KR on top. Turning up the boost didnt raise the mph like I though it would. Last week had fp up (43 I think) and went 13.4 @103.5. Turn the fp down and boost up and ran faster (car really likes 38-39 psi fp and more alky). Question is how to get more mph? O2s are always in or near the 800s at the top (saw a low of I think 792 passed the traps). Down low they are probably mid 800s. Only been using scanmaster right now, because too much trouble dealing with Tlink and a power convertor with my bad laptop battery (new one on the way). So wish I had a few more #s during run but dont. I think up top is whats important here though. Oh yeah, dial on outside of PAC is at approx. 2 o'clock. Turn on dial (inside) at 2-3 psi. voltage setting (other dial inside) stock.
I have been using nothing but a Lubrandt street chip 93oct/ 20 degrees timing for years (Ive been lazy and empty pockets :tongue: ). I do have a Poston/Casper's thumb wheel chip sitting around that I could use to add timing. Adding some timing sound like the right idea?
Cooking up another block on the side but want to play around with this stocker some more and see how far I can get it so the bar is set for the new block when I get it in ;) Seems like I should be able to get more mph out of what I got with O2s always good, just not doing something right (not spending enough probably :rolleyes: ).

Tires... you need tires... :D

A cheap set of used slicks on some nasty 15x8's... will get er done ;)

Hey Julio, I almost feel like a stranger over here its been so long. Thanks for the reply, but I already know Im suffering in the tire department :tongue: My BFG DRs are completely bald that they look like slicks :eek:
What about the top end though? Or are you saying my issues at the beginning are directly related with mph at the top? I used to think that no matter what you do on your 60 that you would be able to see the hp by the mph at top. I usually gain 22~ mph from 1/8 to 1/4 as is, if that means anything.

Im not concerned with a 12 sec pass if thats what your thinking, check the sig, already did that a couple years back. Ive got enough high 12 sec timeslips. Im shooting for deeeper :D There is alot that I havent really tried, including different chip/ timing, so just trying to get some opinions on what might be good to try. I know its a small turbo, etc, etc, but what ever I figure out now will help me when the new motor goes in.

6SENSE said:
Was just thinking. Havent ran the car in 2 years before last week. Went to the track last night and first pass ran a 13.0 @105, 0 KR on top. I turn up the WG 1 turn and spin through the 60 for a 13.1 w/ mph slightly lower still 0 KR on top. Turning up the boost didnt raise the mph like I though it would. Last week had fp up (43 I think) and went 13.4 @103.5. Turn the fp down and boost up and ran faster (car really likes 38-39 psi fp and more alky). Question is how to get more mph? O2s are always in or near the 800s at the top (saw a low of I think 792 passed the traps). Down low they are probably mid 800s. Only been using scanmaster right now, because too much trouble dealing with Tlink and a power convertor with my bad laptop battery (new one on the way). So wish I had a few more #s during run but dont. I think up top is whats important here though. Oh yeah, dial on outside of PAC is at approx. 2 o'clock. Turn on dial (inside) at 2-3 psi. voltage setting (other dial inside) stock.
I have been using nothing but a Lubrandt street chip 93oct/ 20 degrees timing for years (Ive been lazy and empty pockets :tongue: ). I do have a Poston/Casper's thumb wheel chip sitting around that I could use to add timing. Adding some timing sound like the right idea?
Cooking up another block on the side but want to play around with this stocker some more and see how far I can get it so the bar is set for the new block when I get it in ;) Seems like I should be able to get more mph out of what I got with O2s always good, just not doing something right (not spending enough probably :rolleyes: ).
get a chip from eric marshall you can add timing and fuel with the gas pedal

6SENSE said:
Hey Julio, I almost feel like a stranger over here its been so long. Thanks for the reply, but I already know Im suffering in the tire department :tongue: My BFG DRs are completely bald that they look like slicks :eek:
What about the top end though? Or are you saying my issues at the beginning are directly related with mph at the top? I used to think that no matter what you do on your 60 that you would be able to see the hp by the mph at top. I usually gain 22~ mph from 1/8 to 1/4 as is, if that means anything.

Im not concerned with a 12 sec pass if thats what your thinking, check the sig, already did that a couple years back. Ive got enough high 12 sec timeslips. Im shooting for deeeper :D There is alot that I havent really tried, including different chip/ timing, so just trying to get some opinions on what might be good to try. I know its a small turbo, etc, etc, but what ever I figure out now will help me when the new motor goes in.

You wont have a consistent car with bad tires, as a matter of fact... blowing tires away on these cars is not a good thing.

There have to be plenty of used slicks for sale where you live.. get some cheap wheels.. bet for less than 100.00 you can do slicks and rims.

12 second cars dont need much tire.. but bald tires are another story.

26x9, 28x9, 26x10... etc.. any size.. dont be picky.. just no dry rot.. worn is ok.

Adding timing makes more of a mess down low.