Actual AFR to desired AFR in TT 6.1 chip

blackshoebox

Staff member
Hey Guys. Been a little while since I used one of these chips. Anyway, was working on a car at the track and set up logging parameters.

I noticed the target AFR was set to 10.8-1, however the car was running in the 12-1 to 12.5-1 area per the logs, and the BLM grid showed a correction all the way down to 115, which would be the max deduction of fuel that the chip can do. I would think since the desired AFR was set to 10.8-1, the chip should ADD fuel under these circumstances?? There was no knock, and narrow band 02 readings where in the 780-750 area which looked fine. Car was on 22 # and had 19 degrees of timing. This is an Alky chip, however we had some race gas mixed in for extra safety.

Wondering if the AEM WB sensor is not calibrated correctly OR ???

I can share logs if needed.

You need to make sure the powerlogger is set for the correct wideband type, and also that the chip was made for that exact wideband.

So lets start with what wideband system you have (the exact model # and brand). Then give me the chip# and I can look it up.

Here are the logs.

I am working on getting the chip # and exact info on the wideband.

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    103 KB · Views: 102
  • logfile2.dat
    103.5 KB · Views: 99
That looks like the chip was made for an AEM inline or X series gauge. If you switch the powerlogger to AEMinline, you will see the AFR matches the target. Just need to confirm that's the wideband you have.

Eric,

See attached. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    521.3 KB · Views: 157
Yes, thats an X-series gauge, so set the wideband type to "AEM Inline" in the powerlogger software. Then you will see the correct reading.

You don't need to log again. Just change the setting and view the same log, and you'll see the AFR is following your target.