Accumulator & AC Lines Frozen

Antbankstwo3

I’m redoing my AC System. Everything is new except Evaporator, but I did flush it. I’m seeing my Accumulator and Lines freeze up like ice. Any reason why it might do this?

Attachments

• 32394FD0-1FC4-4194-A1E0-C45D64438EB7.jpeg
    32394FD0-1FC4-4194-A1E0-C45D64438EB7.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 63
usually from moisture in the system, if you didn't pull a vacuum for at least an hour

usually from moisture in the system, if you didn't pull a vacuum for at least an hour

Thank u for reply! I did pull a vacuum and everything seemed to check out. Could there still be moisture? I was thinking maybe my blend door not opening to vents? It’s stuck on defrost.

if its stuck on de frost that will be a bad vacuum line to controller or controller/switch is bad, but that shouldn't have any effect on why your icing up
what are your high and low side pressures when running and outside temp

if its stuck on de frost that will be a bad vacuum line to controller or controller/switch is bad, but that shouldn't have any effect on why your icing up
what are your high and low side pressures when running and outside temp

Ok. Temp is about 65°. Humidity 66%
I’ll post of pic of my gauge. It’s from yesterday while Compressor was cycling. At this point I have 36oz of Freon (134a) and about 6oz of oil.

Attachments

• 77316C84-C1CC-4D05-80E9-A9C023B91494.jpeg
    77316C84-C1CC-4D05-80E9-A9C023B91494.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 56
that is pretty low compared to what I'm use to LOL

for your stuck on defrost read this

So is it low is it Freon? I hear it if it’s low on Freon it can freeze up.

If the evaporator was clogged would it read that same pressure or is that too low still.

my first reply I was talking about the humidity where I said lol
any ways, your high side looks good so with your low side being so low this is usually a bad evaporator/accumulator or bad office tube
it is always recommended when redoing any component on ac system to change this inexpensive part

any ways, your high side looks good so with your low side being so low this is usually a bad evaporator/accumulator or bad office tube
it is always recommended when redoing any component on ac system to change this inexpensive part

Oh LOL! Well damn! I didn’t want to have to replace evaporator if I didn’t have too. I flushed it and it looked good when the solution came out. Maybe I gotta replace it anyway. Everything else is new

you are correct though low refrigerant will cause icing freezing , but your high side looked good so ill bet your drier is bad
I use a red ford orfice tube you can ask for a 95 ford f150 one at parts desk lowers your ac air temp by 2/3 degrees , little tip I learned from charlief1 in my readings on here

something looks weird on your drier pic in first post too
the low switch is suppose to be pointing directly to pass fender the hose hook up points to front of car then the gauge hook up point then hoses into fire wall
maybe its the angle of pic or the drier you had , it looks different than ones I've seen

second that.

Attachments

• orfice tube.jpg
    orfice tube.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 34
you are correct though low refrigerant will cause icing freezing , but your high side looked good so ill bet your drier is bad
I use a red ford orfice tube you can ask for a 95 ford f150 one at parts desk lowers your ac air temp by 2/3 degrees , little tip I learned from charlief1 in my readings on here

X2 on the red ford orfice tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the info. I corrected the issue. It ended up being the low pressure switch not wired up correctly causing the compressor to run constantly. All this wiring is new to the car as is the set up as well (it’s actually not my Regal T, but I’m doing a similar set-up as the Regal).

I also used the Red orfice tube as well. Pressures are now around 25-30 on low side and 145-150 on high in 65° ambient temperature. Thank you all for suggestions and help!