Accufab Throttle Body 65 vs 70mm

TurboWh1

They offer both options. Can anyone tell me if the 65mm accepts the stock 2.5" up pipe hose? I know the 70mm is 3" OD. I called Accufab and the person I spoke with could not confirm if they are the same or different. I'm thinking they use the same throttle body housing (3"OD) but the difference is the throttle blade diameter inside.

Also if anyone has feedback on one or the other.... I'm getting to the point where I'm done with the stock throttle body. I don't really want to upgrade but I'm tired of the shaft failure. Ive had 3 stockers fail in 2 years. Basically it creates a vacuum leak/rough idle and or tip in throttle miss condition.

Why not Just replace the seals in the throttle blade shaft ?
I have the seals. That won't properly repair it. Housing of throttle body is worn out. No bearings to replace. Metal shaft in aluminum housing. Nothing to hold it true and square.

Here is how bad leak is.... Took screenshot of a video I took with smoke machine. Smoke exiting the shaft seal at TPS when throttle is moved open. BTW, highly recommend that tool:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220607-142323.png
    Screenshot_20220607-142323.png
    2 MB · Views: 101
Going off memory here, I do believe the 65mm will need a slightly larger ID hose, vs the stock ID 2.5" hose. I believe a 2 3/4" ID hose will fit the best and a 2.5" ID will be stretched pretty good to fit, especially if your silicone hose is a 4 ply design.
I know the 70mm uses a true 3" ID hose as I run one on my own car today.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Going off memory here, I do believe the 65mm will need a slightly larger ID hose, vs the stock ID 2.5" hose. I believe a 2 3/4" ID hose will fit the best and a 2.5" ID will be stretched pretty good to fit, especially if your silicone hose is a 4 ply design.
I know the 70mm uses a true 3" ID hose as I run one on my own car today.
Hope this helps.

Patrick
Thanks Patrick, that does help. I'm really struggling to source a 2.5" to 3" adapter hose that is roughly 4" long. That would solve my issue and allow me to run my 70mm throttle body. I'm going to call around to a few more vendors. Everything I find adapter wise is only 3" long. I've even bought a few that claim to be the correct length but unfortunately they are not. I could buy a 3" up pipe but then have to add alky nozzles and still adapt to the V4 on the other end.

They offer both options. Can anyone tell me if the 65mm accepts the stock 2.5" up pipe hose? I know the 70mm is 3" OD. I called Accufab and the person I spoke with could not confirm if they are the same or different. I'm thinking they use the same throttle body housing (3"OD) but the difference is the throttle blade diameter inside.

Also if anyone has feedback on one or the other.... I'm getting to the point where I'm done with the stock throttle body. I don't really want to upgrade but I'm tired of the shaft failure. Ive had 3 stockers fail in 2 years. Basically it creates a vacuum leak/rough idle and or tip in throttle miss condition.
You will need a 3 inch outside Diameter for the 65mm the 2.5 will not Fit.I just put an Accufab 65mm on mine and it actually measure 2 and 15/16 the 3 in Hose fits over very easy but there are no 2 15/16 outside diameter hoses.I am just going to clamp it good haven’t ran the Car with it yet.

RJC fixed me up with the adapter hose. Of course I had to buy a couple of additional items as well.

Ya Know TurboWh1,
I share your frustration , as I have long hunted for the same leak problem. I was late in getting Steve Monroe's Service , before he retired , So G Body is now looking for someone to Port & rebuild my TB . They still advertised his Service , But since have been trying to find someone to replace him....... Good Luck with That & BTW, I do agree that that AccuFab is an overpriced poor substitute for the OEM. ⌛

Ya Know TurboWh1,
I share your frustration , as I have long hunted for the same leak problem. I was late in getting Steve Monroe's Service , before he retired , So G Body is now looking for someone to Port & rebuild my TB . They still advertised his Service , But since have been trying to find someone to replace him....... Good Luck with That & BTW, I do agree that that AccuFab is an overpriced poor substitute for the OEM. ⌛
It's tough to beat the OEM piece. I'll continue to keep an eye out for a nice low mile stock unit. Hard to come by for sure and honestly may still have the same issue. Seems like there will be a need for this throttle body service.. I have one of the Steve Monroe ported units unfortunately it needs gone through again. I was going to disassemble it and try to repair but I would like to get my car back up and running ASAP.

I just picked on up myself for a new engine. Haven't run it yet. My problem is the tb doesn't come with the cam? I guess you would call it for the throttle cable. Any of you guys know where to get one? Or are you just using the one of your original throttle body?

I just picked on up myself for a new engine. Haven't run it yet. My problem is the tb doesn't come with the cam? I guess you would call it for the throttle cable. Any of you guys know where to get one? Or are you just using the one of your original throttle body?
Do not understand the Question what do you mean Cam.

You need to reuse the stock throttle cable "cam" link off your stock t-body.
That's historically how they've all been sold.

Patrick

Ya Know..... I did an email conversation with Steve recently . He said if GBody couldn't find anyone to do mine, that he would walk me through It ? He said he always strived to help the Forum Members here.
Let me look that up again.....he may have left his # ?
.... Richie

You need to reuse the stock throttle cable "cam" link off your stock t-body.
That's historically how they've all been sold.

Patrick
I understand that. My problem is I'm still using my throttle body on my other car. This is a new build and I don't have an extra throttle body to take parts from. Any idea where the cam can be purchased?