Accel Injector Info Needed

FWIW: The new XFI 2.0 and BS3 give you a table that you can program the injector opening time vs battery voltage. It works really, really nice. The injector opening time resolution on the XFI is .03 ms

FWIW: The new XFI 2.0 and BS3 give you a table that you can program the injector opening time vs battery voltage. It works really, really nice. The injector opening time resolution on the XFI is .03 ms

That is a cool feature. Fluctuating battery voltage is such an issue when it comes to dialing in the idle of a car with lots of injector and this really helps to offset those negative effects when properly calibrated. Correct me if I am wrong... didn't the Gen 7 actually have this feature years ago? I seem to recall working with one of my dealers back then who was creating curves for each injector he offered so he could include this data in his Gen 7 baseline calibrations. I'm gonna have to dig in to this now and see if I remember this correctly...

Cal, Can you give more detail on the Inj.Opening Offset vs Battery Voltage . This table is currently showing 2.20ms @8.0v to .53ms @16.0v. Should it look different?...currently have fast 95lb injectors....john

You are in the ballpark, John. Once the car is up to operating temperature, I would tweak that table to get the idle A/F's exactly where you want them as battery voltage changes. Feel free to give me a call and I will help you

You are in the ballpark, John. Once the car is up to operating temperature, I would tweak that table to get the idle A/F's exactly where you want them as battery voltage changes. Feel free to give me a call and I will help you

It took some time but I think I got that table done. When you suggested that the program was sensitive to electrical load. First, stabilized the idle and smoothed out the table. Second, turned on some accessorys and watched the inj/battery table.Third, turned on all the accessorys ie A/C w/blower on high, radiator fans, high beams....now all is stable.

A/F is still fat @Idle on 11.88...next I will work on the VE...Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks...john

Thanks, I didn't have that web site. It's nice to know.

After a few weeks I was able to get in touch with a guy at Accel that I used to know that once worked as a technician at Accel. He gave me an injector offset number of: 0.787.

Well, the GEN7+ software entry only accepts 0.78 or 0.79. So I changed from my Siemens high impedance 55 injectors to the Accel low impedance 72 injectors and tried both 0.78 and 0.79 injector offset numbers. Both numbers work about the same. No detectable difference from the way the car used to run. My idle quality is about the same as far as I can tell - which still needs a lot of work. But I guess we can call this a success story as far as getting the injector offset about right. Thanks for the help and following along.

The next thing that I have to do is upgrade the fuel pump. I'm following the Aeromotive HP 340 pump thread, but can anybody tell me the correct pump offset needed for the TTA? In other words, are the TurboBuick and Turbo Trans Am pump offsets different (center or offset left or offset right)?

Best, Bob