Ac vent problems

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Ok so I have a 87 GN trying to get this air to blow threw the vents instead of defrost . Changed out the vacuum switch yes it was in two pieces.no air coming thru vents. Check disconnect behind glove box plug was disconnect . So I got excited but no air out of vents.i have vacuum going into the hard line thru the fire wall passenger side. Looks like those hard lines go to a violet and gray soft line. . Stumbled. Any ideas what is going on? Can I cut that violet line and reroute vacuum from hard line to the other side of this plug (yellow) can’t think of what else it could be. Don’t really want to take head unit back out. Car has been sitting for 10 years

Follow vacum from source at block on top of throttle body and verify all hoses, check valves, etc are intact

Was that vacuum module new or used , and did you replace all 9 vacuum lines back correctly. Reason I asked, I have seen new OEM module failed right out of the box.

Was that vacuum module new or used , and did you replace all 9 vacuum lines back correctly. Reason I asked, I have seen new OEM module failed right out of the box.
I bought a new vacuum switch GM original I didn’t have to replace any lines but I had to make sure that the connection behind glove box was all the way into each other. I ran a zip tie to keep those six lines tight together. Lines looked good and still soft very surprising