Ac question..

turbopat

I’ve recently started putting the ac back in my car after the previous owner deleted it... I’ve got the blower motor to blow out through the defrost and lower vents. I’ve searched this topic and see a million responses.. the EGR was eliminated so I ran vacuum straight from the vacuum block on the throttle body to the hard plastic line. Next I read about the vacuum ball... this car does not have that??? I made sure the line to the heater hose was also hooked up. Still nothing through vent... the speed switch is good as it cycles through all speeds. Lastly, behind the radio I started looking at all the rubber lines only to find the yellow line just laying there.. where does this go and is this my issue (I hope)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you hear a vacuum leak from behind the radio? Common for the vacuum mode switch to break and leak. The doors default to the defog/floor position. Same as if there was no vacuum getting to the switch. Vacuum ball should have been in the left front fender under the charcoal canister, accessible from under the car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The yellow line goes to one side of the Bi-Directional lower mode vacuum motor. The other end goes to the A/C control head.

Follow the red line down to the vacuum motor as it goes to the other end of it.

Obviously you need to find out which end is disconnected at the vacuum motor or the A/C controls first. It's position 1 on the A/C control head if disconnected there.

It's needed for A/C.