Need a suggestion for rear speakers 1987 GN

these are the factory rear speakers from my gn....
DSC04624.JPG

I haven’t had any troubles running 4 ohm speakers on other GM vehicles with factory radios over the years either.
A 4 ohm speaker has less resistance and is closer to a direct short than a 10 ohm speaker. The lower the resistance the more current flows and creates more heat on the factory radio.
Maybe we enjoy the turbo whistle more than the radio and don’t have the music cranked up all the time??
I can hear that whistle over anything!

The factory speakers, and GM replacements, have the mating connector on them to go direct to the factory wiring here's a close up pic.
20220420_110911.jpg

these are the factory rear speakers from my gn....View attachment 355597
I know this is a bit old of a thread, but S&M Electro-Tech has engineered a speaker to match the 1984 - 1987 Buicks. It is a direct drop in replacement speaker, and is the correct 10 ohm needed for factory radios. You can view them on our site below, and order on our newly setup site for direct ordering. Just trying to put the information out there if anyone in the future is looking for direct replacements.

Factory on Top, Replacement on bottom
1662573229671.png

Nice to see a re-pop of these with the correct impedance and the price is awesome. This is truly the only 4x10 10 Ohm Speaker that I have seen on the market for these cars except for the resale of the old 35 year OEM speaker. I had my OEM speakers re-coned back in 2018 at a cost of $90 + shipping. It's important to have the correct impedance speaker if your car radio is the original Ac Delco so you don't wreck it.

I know this is a bit old of a thread, but S&M Electro-Tech has engineered a speaker to match the 1984 - 1987 Buicks. It is a direct drop in replacement speaker, and is the correct 10 ohm needed for factory radios. You can view them on our site below, and order on our newly setup site for direct ordering. Just trying to put the information out there if anyone in the future is looking for direct replacements.

Factory on Top, Replacement on bottom
View attachment 386491
Those look nice! Thanks for responding