ac lines

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
So, I'm looking to get the ac on my car up and functioning again. I'm getting old and the wife wont go fer a ride as it is "too hot".

So I pull a vacuum and it doesn't hold to I'm thinking if I pull it apart, I need to put new hoses/lines on as the originals are going on 30 years old.

I found these at universal air conditioning.
HA 11108C
Has anyone used this part number?
I also looked at rock auto and az, oreilly and advance auto
These all are some form of 55063 or 55064 and I'm not sure either of these will go either.
I wanted to upgrade to the "barrier " hose as I'm probably going to 134a or 152a .

Thanks for your input.

Good question, highway starts used to sell some, but they aren't in the site no more. I was looking to upgrade my old line also.

I called the universal bunch and got past the gate keeper but the salesman voice mail came on. So I'm waiting for a call back, but the gate keeper said that they don't ship. Happens they are local to me. If they make the right stuff, I could see about getting them to those who might want to get them.
Those nos4gn and kirban hoses were like $200 for the set.

My local NAPA store sells the hose by the foot and has the tool to clamp them onto the old fittings. Its not very hard to replace the hoses onto your original fittings.
Check with a local hydraulic place, they should be able to do the same.

My local NAPA store sells the hose by the foot and has the tool to clamp them onto the old fittings. Its not very hard to replace the hoses onto your original fittings.
Check with a local hydraulic place, they should be able to do the same.

BTDT...No workie. The crimp collars are put on before the ends are swaged. Therefore, the collars can't be replaced. I searched this at 3 different ac shops, hose shops, HD truck shop. Same response at all places.
Am going to go back to the truck shop w/ the idea of having him weld new ends on, and using the new, quik connect hose system.
Also, we may be able to buy a new compressor manifold, and run the new style hose w/o all the hard line.

I went through this in 2014, no shop would touch my stock hoses. I ended up buying new ones from Kirban's

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

New hoses here, new compressor, leaks at back of manifold. Be sure to have an assortment of washers ready is what I understand. Let us know what you experience with the manifold to compressor setup.

I have a brand new set never installed. Didn't need them. Let me know if you're interested.

I replaced my A/C lines with Highway stars repro, compressor and condeser and haven't had any problems or leaks

I replaced my A/C lines with Highway stars repro, compressor and condeser and haven't had any problems or leaks

Did you use the aluminum spacer that Highway Stars recommend for use with their reproduction AC line set?
Curious, cause I've got the same new parts from nos4gn.com and about to install mine soon.

I need a set of them as well....but I think a new forward input drum for my trans is more important since all I have is park and neutral lol.

Did you use the aluminum spacer that Highway Stars recommend for use with their reproduction AC line set?
Curious, cause I've got the same new parts from nos4gn.com and about to install mine soon.
Was wondering the same question. Where does the spacer go

The aluminum spacer available from Highway Stars is only used when both their reproduction line set and re pro AC Delco AC compressor are installed / used together. It's not used when installing Highway Stars reproduction AC line set and you are retaining the original GM factory AC compressor.
The Highway Star aluminum spacer is installed in the aluminum block on the reproduction line set. Just tap it in with a wood block.
I forget which side.....best to call Glen at Highway Stars and ask him.