AC Delco stock mass air flow sensor. 87

87we410877

Looking for a stock NEW if possible mass air flow sensor for the 87 turbo cars. . Ac delco, working original unit. I bought a rock auto one for $85 and apparently it’s not configured for our cars. Doesn’t work and has code 34 in the MAL. Please let me know where to find a new one or what you’ve got. Thank you!!

Tyler 516-356-6238

You guys bitch at pricing of NOS parts. a NOS 86-87 MAF sensor in the box will set you back $800 today. don't be surprised.;)

the same parts are used on 6-figure X cars.

Last edited:
damn it man , I would only use the stock maf if I didn't drive the car LOL
you know show car :p

You guys bitch at pricing of NOS parts. a NOS 86-87 MAF sensor in the box will set you back $800 today. don't be surprised.;)

the same parts are used on 6-figure X cars.

Well when you can get a whole car for the price of a MAF, hood liner and an intake hose, doesn’t really add up. As soon as it goes on the car guess what, it’s used. And work $68 now. Lol

If someone has patience and time they could keep going to Advance Auto until they got one that was calibrated right. About 12 years ago went through 5 of them and finally got one that was somewhat ok. One guy I know went through about 20 before he hit the mark. The counter guy was good about it though. Kept it after the translator arrived for an in the trunk emergency part. They did all run good as long as you did light throttle acceleration but anything more and it would just collapse on its face.

If the aftermarket MAF's are so unreliable why wouldn't someone like Caspers Electronics refurbish these AC DELCO old stock MAF's knowing their detail to product excellence and charge a reasonable price for their services. Just a thought. Maybe the next best thing to NOS.

If the aftermarket MAF's are so unreliable why wouldn't someone like Caspers Electronics refurbish these AC DELCO old stock MAF's knowing their detail to product excellence and charge a reasonable price for their services. Just a thought. Maybe the next best thing to NOS.
Dang, can't remember it was quite a while ago but think Kirban had a story on this and the problems with it. They did have stock ones at one time used with 1 year warranty and iirc would pay for a non working one if it was all in tack since some would yank the screen out thinking it inhibited air flow.

Wow. Original Gn Mafs getting pricy. After I had 2 go bad I tried the auto zone cardone units. Had one that didn't work but the replacement was fine for a stock gn. Replaced it with a ac Delco gennie. Worked ok but I replaced it with a translator and newer maf from a blazer and damn I was sold. Car never ran better since new! If its not a show car go the translator route with a newer style maf.
Should only set you back a couple bills.

Who offers refurbishing services ? I'd like my Hot Air MAF refurbished. I found a NOS for a 85 last June but would like my original to the car fixed. I would want mine sent in and returned to me, not someone else's rebuilt MAF. Sounds crazy I know.

Who offers refurbishing services ? I'd like my Hot Air MAF refurbished. I found a NOS for a 85 last June but would like my original to the car fixed. I would want mine sent in and returned to me, not someone else's rebuilt MAF. Sounds crazy I know.
let me know if you need a spare hot air maf I got one used

Thanks Matt for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind. Need rubber plugs for the bottom of the car door - more pressing at the moment. :ROFLMAO: