AC Delco Ignition Module

Chris McDade

Does anyone know where I can get a Delco Ignition Module? I want Delco not BW.

Thanks in advance.

Delco does not make parts any more, they are all made offshore in different companies.

At least this is what I was told by the regional VP when I met him at a local show.

Last time I saw an nos GM module it was over $400.

Does anyone know where I can get a Delco Ignition Module? I want Delco not BW.

Thanks in advance.
I've got a couple stashed away. It's the one with the tan colored epoxy not black like the newer (junker) Delco's. Part # 24503624. Same one HighwayStars sell for $279. Might be willing to let one go. PM me if interested.

I know you said you want a Delco but as an alternative you can use standard motor products lx338 it works like a charm. I had a magna vox unit which did not run my aftermarket tach, it still worked well but the lx338 is perfect. It's been on the car for years and no issues.

The problem is not lots of our electronic parts are made off-shore, the basic issue is many of the components used in items like the module are obsolete after 30+ years, and the substitute components are different which can affect output or performance?

I am not smart enough to figure this out myself, but after many trouble shooting and chasing issues I had various conversations with John Spina at Casper's who "enlightened" me!

I know you said you want a Delco but as an alternative you can use standard motor products lx338 it works like a charm. I had a magna vox unit which did not run my aftermarket tach, it still worked well but the lx338 is perfect. It's been on the car for years and no issues.
Do you run more than stock boost levels?

Rock auto claimed to have 1 Delco unit left @ $179 so, I bought it. It's suppose to be here by Friday. I will send pictures when it arrives.

Im sure the cheaper/aftermarket units will work on our cars but, when you crank up the boost with the plugs gap wider it will start to present problems.

I use the ignition control module from autozone part number DR143 and have been doing so for quite a few years now without any problems. It has a lifetime warranty at a very good price ($115.00 now) was ($99.00) when i bought mine at the time. But what is most important to me is that it works good,if it didn't i wouldn't have it on my car no matter how good the warranty. This is the only ignition part i use from autozone.

If you do buy one of these i would check it over and not install it straight from the box, Quality Control is not a strong point of autozone. So check the pins in the connector where the wiring harness plugs into. Check the terminal ends on the wires that connect to the coil,make sure they are crimped good on bare wire and are tight.

I know it's not an AC Delco but maybe something to consider if you can't find what you want.

I run 21psi on 93 octane with the plugs gapped at .032 I may be able to run a little more psi but that is the max my turbonetics mbc will go.

Last edited:
Here are pictures of the module I received from Rock Auto.
IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

This is the one that I have. Seems to work ok so far. Got it from Rock Auto. At the time there were no AC Delco ones available. Next year I will crank up the boost and see how it works.