AC Condenser

JAMCAR223

Where did all the condensers go?? Damm, I can't find one anywhere. Highway Stars, O'Reilly, Autozone, NAPA, Ebay, Summit are all out of stock. I have all new AC parts ( hoses, compressor, dryer, orfice tube, green o-rings, etc ), and I need a condenser. Anybody know where to find one? Have one they are not using?

For what type of refrigerant?

I'm using a Spectra 7-4014 for 134a just installed this winter so far so good nice & cold. For R12 I may have a source here in CO but would need to find the phone number.

134A I read your recent post about compressors, when searching the Forum for condenser threads. If you have a source for the Spectra, I would be very appreciative. I believe the part # is 7-4013. Thanks for responding!

I would GOOGLE the part number & see what you can find.

Got mine off of Amazon. Can also try rock auto or the major parts houses.

That's what I did, lol. Not to be disrespectful, but that's how I know nobody has one available at this time. I checked RA, and I work in the Inventory Dept for Amazon. You must have purchased your condenser months ago, when they were still available.

That's what I did, lol. Not to be disrespectful, but that's how I know nobody has one available at this time. I checked RA, and I work in the Inventory Dept for Amazon. You must have purchased your condenser months ago, when they were still available.
No disrespect taken. I completely understand. Just have to check on the regular now a days….. supply chain & all. Not to mention it’s not like we’re a hotbed group to be making parts for🤣🤬😢.

Hi, I have a darn nice used one. Here it is. $50 plus shipping.
Thanks Mike

Attachments

• 100_3171.JPG
    100_3171.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 100_3176.JPG
    100_3176.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
You won't find the spectra anywhere unless from a private person. They're made in Montreal Canada and they haven't exported to the U.S. for quite a while. I talked to them a while back just to confirm.
I must have literally called two dozen places looking for one and ended up buying I think the last one from RockAuto. It's the piccolo design, not as thick as the original but more tubes and fins. Works pretty decent with 134.
The closest thing was Original Air in FL would make you one "if" you sent them yours. The bimbo I talked to was rather snotty, maybe my yankee accent, lol.
m233's condenser might be your best bet.

There is one for sale on RA. Not sure what the OSC brand is though. Some say the newer design works better with 134a I can neither confirm or deny that. It was cheap so I bought a newer version.

Mike(M233) is trustworthy & sells good stuff as well.

Some info on the parallel flow condensers.
Have you tried Vintage Air?
Original Air makes their own.

I called them and another in Phoenix, talked to the guy about 40 minutes and he checked all his suppliers and nothing.
I was hoping for a parallel flow somewhere but beggars can't be choosers. So far the this one seems OK.
That one that someone posted at RA now, iirc there was something about that one that I didn't buy it, might have been the dimensions seemed off.