Ac compressor not kicking on quick question

bluehair

just now looking into my Ac working. Only owned car for a few months but all wires and things seem to be connected and in place etc
When Ac is turned on in car I get no clicking from compressor.
I took low pressure switch 2 wire connector off and used a jumper wire. Compressor kicks on as it should now.
Does this mean low freon or bad switch? Or?

Thanks.....

Yes. :)
The pressure must be measured to eliminate the switch.

just now looking into my Ac working. Only owned car for a few months but all wires and things seem to be connected and in place etc
When Ac is turned on in car I get no clicking from compressor.
I took low pressure switch 2 wire connector off and used a jumper wire. Compressor kicks on as it should now.
Does this mean low freon or bad switch? Or?

Thanks.....
Remove the electrical connector from the low pressure switch on the receiver drier next to the right fender. Use a paper clip or piece of wire to connect the two terminals of the connector. Start engine and turn AC on. If the compressor turns on,the system is low on refrigerant. As soon as you note that the compressor does turn on,turn it off and remove the jumper wire to prevent accidental activation of the compressor. If the compressor is allowed to run for an extended amount of time without a significant amount of refrigerant,it will be ruined.

My green wire broke internally from the low pressure switch to the compressor. I spliced in a new wire with those blue plastic thingies that you squish with a pliers.

thanks. guys. looks like ultimately low of Freon. put some in...and the compressor starting cycling on and off...
so hopefully this will fix the issue..unless there is a fairly large leak.

thanks. guys. looks like ultimately low of Freon. put some in...and the compressor starting cycling on and off...
so hopefully this will fix the issue..unless there is a fairly large leak.
If it cycles on and off,it's not full yet.