about to order my rear brakes..do I have all I need?

R.I.P.92Rolla

Alright I have all the stuff to replace my front brakes and now I am just making sure I have everything I need for the rears before I place the order. Can you guys just let me know if I need to add or remove anything? Also I have never done rear drums before but I am not worried since I can take pics and watch youtube videos. Plus I hear its more of a pain than being difficult.

ACDELCO # 18E1294 Wheel cylinder x2
ACDELCO # 18K564 Drum brake hardware kit
ACDELCO # 18B80 Drum x2
ACDELCO # 17514R Brake shoe
ACDELCO # 18K60/18K61 brake self adjuster repair kit ... 2 part numbers for left/right side?

I have stainless braided lines for the front rear that I will be replacing also. I just want to make sure I have it all with me so I am not constantly making parts runs etc and can get it all done in reasonable amount of time. I appreciate any and all the help.

ACDELCO # 18K60/18K61 brake self adjuster repair kit ... 2 part numbers for left/right side?

It has been a while, but IIRC, one adjuster has a left hand thread, and the other a right hand thread. They are marked via a groove cut into them. It will be either no groove on one, and a single groove on the other. Or, one groove on one and two grooves on the other. Or, something like that...

If the adjusters are currently working then match up the groove count. Then double check the rotation to extend them to match the ones on the car.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. only R&R one side at a time, this allows for the use of the other side to figure out how it goes back together.

It has been a while, but IIRC, one adjuster has a left hand thread, and the other a right hand thread. They are marked via a groove cut into them. It will be either no groove on one, and a single groove on the other. Or, one groove on one and two grooves on the other. Or, something like that...

If the adjusters are currently working then match up the groove count. Then double check the rotation to extend them to match the ones on the car.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. only R&R one side at a time, this allows for the use of the other side to figure out how it goes back together.

What I gather from that is I should order both?

If your replacing the rubber brake line above the differential. Those axel brake lines tend to rust up and break very easily upon removal. Just be warned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk