About to go electric water pump

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
Meziere Enterprises WP125UHD - Meziere 100 Series Electric Water Pump

And hose adapter Is on the way....
I'm going to run this with a champion alt bracket and thats it.

Stock diameter RJC pulleys and a 31" ish belt should do it

Any advice or tricks on install is appreciated .... will get pics up once i start, the pump is back ordered for another week or so

upload_2018-1-30_16-39-10.png

upload_2018-1-30_16-39-57.png

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Subscribed for updates. Is this for a street car or track only?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I ran one for awhile with no issues . I had it on a switch. I have it for sale if interested. I switched back to a mechanical Moroso water pump .
3CD316DB-3419-42E6-8120-AFD694D0481A.jpeg
1F676B3A-1888-41A3-B742-C2DCE28F5289.jpeg

think i'm going the same route with a switch
Also I have the low mount alt bracket

Last edited:
I run one. I have it tied into key on power so I dont forget to turn it on. The nice thing about it at the track is running it and the fan for a couple minutes after a run cools the car down very quickly.

So whats the consensus are these things reliable enough to run on a street car 3k miles a year?

So whats the consensus are these things reliable enough to run on a street car 3k miles a year?

I see no issue with run8ng it on a street car . Just keep a eye on the temp . I should have placed it on a relay to come on with the key and have it on a switch to over ride it to keep it on at the track after shut down .

I see no issue with run8ng it on a street car . Just keep a eye on the temp . I should have placed it on a relay to come on with the key and have it on a switch to over ride it to keep it on at the track after shut down .
Cool. Looking forward to seeing the install. Any special pullies/ brackets needed?

Cool. Looking forward to seeing the install. Any special pullies/ brackets needed?

Yes you need a smaller under drive crank pulley and a bigger alternator pulley with the champion power steering bracket .

Not running heat

I was going to go toggle switch but having it wired to 12v switched sound pretty good.

My case ...from what I've read the belt will clear the pump head and no special pulleys "should" be needed

No ac
No ps
Low mount champion alt bracket
So we will see if I need to cross that bridge when I get there

I was not able to use the straight fitting like the one pictured above. I had to put a straight threaded pipe to a 45 on it due to the clocking on my turbo.

I ran one with the stock brackets and the A/C delete pulley. Had to play with the tensioner pulley size that's about it. Used a stand alone controller from Airtronix to control it and the fan. Set the temps and forget. It cycles the pump and the fan independently to maintain the desired temp. No thermostat and when you turn off the car it keeps running to prevent heat soaking the engine.

Before I began the fabrication of my twin turbo set-up, I knew I would need all the real estate I could get. Along with a few other things, I chose to go with an electric water pump. I also don't have any other accessories except for an alternator. And I also use the champion low-mount bracket for the alternator.

My cooling system is supper efficient! I have no doubt that the electric water pump plays a big part in this equation. My car is only street driven (see signature below). Somewhere between 3,000-5,000 miles per year and usually only during the hottest months. And rarely at night. On 90+ degree days, I never fear my car will overheat. I have the pump powered to a switch. But I always leave the switch on. I use the main battery cut-off to power down the car every time I shut the ignition.

Because an electric water pump may/or can blow a fuse without warning or just go off for some other unknown reason, I have programmed some safety measures into the XFI's tune. In every "coolant temperature vs. something" map, I make an attempt to stall the motor after the temperature reaches 185 degrees. This may seem like I'm being a little too careful, but my car's temperature never gets above 172. And that was only a few times on very hot days. So anything after 175, I have to assume that there is a problem that needs to be investigated.

I also installed a big-ass coolant temperature warning light with a 200 degree switch. I only saw this light once, and by that time, the car was drowning in fuel and had no timing left because the XFI was already trying to stall it! Saved my ass...............I forgot to turn on the switch, of course!

It's been 12 years now and this pump has never given me one bit of trouble.

IMG_0705_LI.jpg
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG

Yes you need a smaller under drive crank pulley and a bigger alternator pulley with the champion power steering bracket .
For me, a standard size crank and alternator pulley works fine. But I have to buy the very shortest 6 rib belt available at Autozone. Sorry, I don't have the part # on hand. But if I ask for the shortest one in the house, it's usually the right one.