A thread of pictures

IMG_3336.PNG

If your gonna get the fiberglass bumpers, spring for the aluminum supports as well. Factory bumper shocks suddenly become useless and weigh alot.

You need to fab up some gussets on your upper perches of those strut towers before you think of launching this car with a tire on, or you will tare it up. When I got my coil over setup from TRZ Motorsports they cautioned me on it. I told them I had the same UMI bar tying the 2 towers together for added support. They told me point blank your going to be in a whole world of hurt if you don't listen. In the stock configuration there is no spring around your shock, meaning there is no stress there. Now that you have a coilover setup on it, that spring around that strut is putting a ton of pressure on that thin metal it's bolted to. Without reinforcing it, you will rip that out. The best way they said to do it is to tie a roll cage to the top of the strut to stop any upward movement that will cause you serious grief. Look into it

Thanks for the input

I inquired about this setup and its ability at the track with gns as well as Viking and did not get any concern.

Your statement makes sense

Hello Tim,
Our bolt in coil over conversion kits utilize UMI Performance's conversion brackets. We have sold many of these kit to customers that use them in drag racing, autocross, and road course applications. I personally have not had any of our customers contact us saying that this kit has torn up their cars. We would recommend contacting UMI Performance about if any additional structural modifications are needed for their kit, as we cannot speak on behalf of their design.
Best Regards,
Mike Proulx
Mechanical / Sales Engineer
Viking Performance, Inc.
21401 Hemlock Ave
Lakeville, MN 55044
P: 952-469-4130
F: 952-469-4132
E: mproulx@vi-king.com
www.vi-king.com

Contact Mike at TRZ Motorsports. These guys are the who's who when it comes to making a Gbody hook. They are at the track every week testing. Their following is ridiculous (Ask Dusty B.). He has seen first hand what happens when the perches are not reinforced after a coilover kit is in place with a hard launch. The choice is yours..... I personally will not roll that dice after talking with him before I bought my Acfo double adjustable coil overs. It's just insurance, the cost will be pennies to strengthen, but the carnage......