A picture is worth 1000 words

TurboBuRick

Staff member
IMG_5480.JPG

Back in the 60's when the Buick V-6 was first built, silicone was used for "boob" enhancement, not in engines?

When I get a Buick engine and it is smeared with silicone, I know some unexperienced person has been in there making a mess.

My worst nightmare is when a "genius" seals an oil pan or timing cover to the block with the Right Stuff, and it takes hours to remove.

Nick,

I sent Juan to you from El Paso. His engine builder was mine also and all I can say is I had to replace my block and completely rebuild, put the correct rockers on my GN1 heads and had tons of silicon in my oil pick up tube. I am so glad his car is there with you!

Brian had posted a very similar photo a while back. Clearly sloppy use of RVT... Do you think it come from the ID of the pickup tube seal (RVT instead of gasket) ? Guess it's possible that it migrated through the pickup door if it has one.

oh yes. And the pickup strainer could not catch it because it was after that part of the system anyway.
If some is good more must be better. And sometimes "some" isn't even good, doh.

My worst nightmare is when a "genius" seals an oil pan or timing cover to the block with the Right Stuff, and it takes hours to remove.

After splitting 3 FEL-PRO gaskets in one day, I've been one of those genius' since.

Haven't had the first pan leak after washing my hands of that damn gasket.

The cool thing about The Right Stuff is the pan will pop right off in one big thunk.

Last edited: