A new way to steam rice

BIG HEAD CHRIS

I finally got my piece(87 GN) back on the road after a two year hiatus, and had been driving back-n-forth to work to put some miles on the fresh motor.A friend of mine who drives a turboed mazdaspeed proto-somthing,with a lot of stuff done to it,bigger lung,I/C,injs,engine management, ported head,cam swaps,the whole schmear.He had been giving me some good natured ribbing back and forth for quite a while.Well I had been warning him for a while,and his day finally came .We kicked them off after work on night last week.I was on pumpgas,17#,and the same ET/STREETS the car has been sitting on for two years and a fresh motor with lots of new cool stuff.We stopped on a side road close to where we work,and I moved 3 or 4 cars in front of him and stopped,let him launch,and then I launched when he got next to me.He was at the top of first going into second,(according to him about forty mph)Ileft (no burnout on asphalt)and he got out about 3 on me(I rolled em off for about a car then hooked)and ran him down and passed him within a bout a hundred or a hundred and fifty feet and proceeded to put real estate on him.Another friend who was riding with me said that Greg (a.k.a. Mazda boy) just had a stunned look on his face as we caught and passed him in short order.I had been thinking about kicking them off like that for some time. It was kinda cool.P.S. the ribbing has mysteriously has stoped. ;)

You are not alone...

Awesome! The Mazda you're talking about is called the MazdaSpeed Protege' (or MSP in the mazda circles) a lil turbo charged 4-cyl. My baby sister has a Gorgeous NOPI show car performer thats got all the bells a whistles ("disco potato" turboharger, FMIC, wastgate BOVs etc etc) When her hubby got into the tuner scene they created "Pro-mazda.com" (now called pro-tuner.com) and being the comitted family team player I am, decided to join up...not to terrorize but to share my knowledge and love of turbo tuning. Besides, what OTHER street driven turbo performance car owner out there knows More about tuning a tempermental turbo car than a TURBO BUICK owner???? lol. Well, being the only Domestic car in the club I get a LOT of hazing from the Ricer STI's, MSP's, etc...about how my "BRICK" cant handle, breaks often, yadda yadda...So once my lil brake motor is replaced, get ready for some EVO, STI, MSP, RSX-S Kill posts and a very QUIET ricer crowd!