A Little Something for the Hurst 442 & Cutty guys that linger here.

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
DSCF0031.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
DSCF0036.jpg
DSCF0037.jpg

Something a little different for your gauge packages & a cool new shifter being re-born.

This is a test run on the gauges. We are seeing what you thought of the lay out & the overlays. The gauge faces will be easy to swap out. We have to work on a new plastic lens. See the hole by the speedo?

Looks good Brian. I was going to say to put the speedo and tach in the middle with the smaller gauges on each side but the cutlass dash does not allow that. With these gauges I'm assuming the speedo is electric and the cable would no longer be needed?

On another note I was wondering if you would know why my cutlass tach gives me an erratic read? It would used to work absolutely fine without problems with the 307 but with the 3.8 after warm up it will start to jump all over the place. I've solder a piece of wire in the back of two different tachs but after warn up I have the same results with rpms jumping all over the place. All my other gauges work without any issues except the rpm gauge?

Looks good Brian. I was going to say to put the speedo and tach in the middle with the smaller gauges on each side but the cutlass dash does not allow that. With these gauges I'm assuming the speedo is electric and the cable would no longer be needed?

On another note I was wondering if you would know why my cutlass tach gives me an erratic read? It would used to work absolutely fine without problems with the 307 but with the 3.8 after warm up it will start to jump all over the place. I've solder a piece of wire in the back of two different tachs but after warn up I have the same results with rpms jumping all over the place. All my other gauges work without any issues except the rpm gauge?
SFI Cutlass check out this link it may or may not help. Alot of info so I just fund the link figuring it would be easier then typing ;)
http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_tach_fix.php
I see you soldered the wire. If this doesn't help I can send you a good known v6 Olds tach & we can try & walk thru this & figure it out.

Bweavy said:
SFI Cutlass check out this link it may or may not help. Alot of info so I just fund the link figuring it would be easier then typing ;)
http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_tach_fix.php
I see you soldered the wire. If this doesn't help I can send you a good known v6 Olds tach & we can try & walk thru this & figure it out.

Thanks Brian. I have actually been on that website numerous times and yes I have soldered that wire and have moved it to the 6 cylinder position. The weird part is that I have tried two different tachs and they both do the exact same thing. I'll keep you posted and thanks again for the help.

I'll do a little more work for you. After a while you kind of get use to the same questions over & over with out people checking. You obviously done some research before you asked.

So when are the lightning rods available? wasnt the price $299? Is there a plate available for the buick dash to put custom gauges in?

So when are the lightning rods available? wasnt the price $299? Is there a plate available for the buick dash to put custom gauges in?
We are shooting for $299. Then upgraded a few things like the aluminum plate that holds the whiskers to a thin steel. Other brackets, tweak this improve that make this better you know. So we are saying $350 now to be safe & with a 10% kick back to hurst $385. Now I know if it comes in cheaper we will not have any complaints :).

As far as a Buick dash we could have 1 built. Shoot me some ideas. GNX thing has been done to death .

Bweavy said:
As far as a Buick dash we could have 1 built. Shoot me some ideas. GNX thing has been done to death .

Hey Brian just a thought, how about an led display with analog gauges and with different styles, formats and colors. Similar to the mercedes s550 or the new range rovers? That for sure has not been done on a Oldsmobile or a Buick. :)

Done to death but no longer available at a reasonable price!
Not arguing with you. I tell you who had the nicest set up is Barron with the Power 6 logos on his gauges.
There really is no reason there needs to be a $2,000 set up. Should be a kit where you can build your self or just buy a completed kit & install. Then every where in between.
Sounds like you have a new project ;)

Not arguing with you. I tell you who had the nicest set up is Barron with the Power 6 logos on his gauges.
There really is no reason there needs to be a $2,000 set up. Should be a kit where you can build your self or just buy a completed kit & install. Then every where in between.
Sounds like you have a new project ;)

Yes $2000 is overkill. I can go with $500 but not $2000

I should of said before I posted about the price. I have no idea what is spent on getting this built. I bought SW speedo's & they were not cheap. I have 1 GNX new Tach left & could not find another original out there. So if he is using all original SW gauges that price isn't as bad as it sounds. There just needs to be another gauge option out there. price the Sw's you will get sticker shock for the real ones.