A good way to get back at those junk mailers and Credit Cards!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I get a ton of junk mail every day in the good ole snail mail box. I saw something on 60 Minutes the other night I thought was a good idea.

All that junk mail, especially credit card apps always has a Postage paid envelop in it, just take out the envelope, seal it up with nothing in it and drop it in the mailbox the next time your at the post office :biggrin:
That way, the company has to pay postage and also waste their employees time and money opening the returned envelopes......kind of get back at them for wasting your time to handle it/throw it away.....hehe I got a stack already to drop in the mail next time I'm there.

Maybe if enough people did this, those companies would get the message and quit wasting their money and our time.

Oh, yes

Great idea.
And for the junk faxes, just put the page through the fax and tape it into a roll. Hit send and it will keep printing on the other end until they notice it.

2QUIK6 said:
All that junk mail, especially credit card apps always has a Postage paid envelop in it, just take out the envelope, seal it up with nothing in it and drop it in the mailbox the next time your at the post office :biggrin:

I've heard of guys taking this to the next level---they grab a box, fill it with a bunch of useless junk, then tape the PP envelope to the box and drop it off at the post office...the company gets a box of trash AND have to pay the shipping!

You could just opt out.
Part of the fair credit act
You can either call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT or go to www.optoutprescreen.com
It won’t eliminate every pre-approval. Frequent flier cards and hotel points cards are not blocked, for example. But it will take care of most of the offers you would have received.

slow 87 said:
You could just opt out.
Part of the fair credit act
You can either call 1-888-5-OPT-OUT or go to www.optoutprescreen.com
It won’t eliminate every pre-approval. Frequent flier cards and hotel points cards are not blocked, for example. But it will take care of most of the offers you would have received.
I did that before, wasn't that exact list, its been almost 10 years ago, and it seemed like I started receiving even more mail after that. So I am under the impression that these agencies are just collecting your name/address to sell to even more junk mailers :) Have you had good luck with the above working to stop junk mail? maybe I'll give it a try, thanks.

If I ever do fill out an address form, for any reason besides something I'm already involved with, I always spell my name a little different, then when I get mail that does not have my name spelled correctly, I know its junk without even opening it.

Yes make sure you put all their junk ads back into it so they have to pay again to the garbage man

2QUIK6 said:
I get a ton of junk mail every day in the good ole snail mail box. I saw something on 60 Minutes the other night I thought was a good idea.

That way, the company has to pay postage and also waste their employees time and money opening the returned envelopes......kind of get back at them for wasting your time to handle it/throw it away.....hehe I got a stack already to drop in the mail next time I'm there.

Maybe if enough people did this, those companies would get the message and quit wasting their money and our time.
Ive been doing this for years. I wonder how much in extra postage and labor they paid out because of me.

Not only can you mail an envelope but you can mail boxes, anything really at that companys expense... I read it somewhere, the guy mailed a box with a used tire in it... no return address...
guy said just tape the envelope to the box and the usps has to get it there

I'd love to do this...

:D

More_Boost!! said:
Not only can you mail an envelope but you can mail boxes, anything really at that companys expense... I read it somewhere, the guy mailed a box with a used tire in it... no return address...
guy said just tape the envelope to the box and the usps has to get it there

I'd love to do this...

:D
hehe, start packing those envelopes with scrap metal pieces to really weight it down :D

Make sure you include a pic of yourself flipping them off. I get so spam i will have to get some of my friends involved in the spam slamming also.