A few basic/simple questions...

fireberd350

T-top owners: do your t-tops have locks? Every t-top GN i've seen has had locks on theirs but mine do not, i was wondering if maybe mine were off another junked g-body??

Carpet Changers: Anyone ever put black carpets in their 84 GN...i was just wondering how it would look w/ the gray lower door panel carpet and the reverse seats(black inside, gray outside) some pics would be great!!

Im also looking for some carpet and embroidered floormats....and cheap...cheapest carpets I seen was $97 and IMO a good price, any and all suggestions are welcome!! thanks in advance

My 87 has the locking t-tops but my dad's 85 doesn't. My guess is their original and the locking t-tops were not introduced until 86 or 87.

I didn't have the black and gray seats, I had the sand colored ones in my old car. I started to put the black carpet in before it got wrecked. I used the aftermarket rolls like you buy at walmart for like $10. One roll did the whole passenger side. OBTW, I just pulled the sand colored carpet off of the lower door panel and glued the black stuff on w/ 3M spray glue.
Looked pretty sharp, I think:D

$10 from walmart......hmmm sounds intriging:cool: ill have to check that out......thanks for the tips

BTW: i just checked out you car...that sux big time man...i would have to kill someone if that happened to me

T-tops on my 84 do not lock... I was thinking about doing black carpet in my 84 too, haven't decided though. I'm trying to stay reasonably stock in my resto efforts. I have a long way to go before I get to the carpet though so we'll see.

On a side note...BLACK Ttype, I sent you an email yesterday.

My 84 t type doesn't have locks either, oh yeah, I don't have t tops. I did have a 84 z28 with t tops and they didn't have locks either

Originally posted by RAMAIR1
T-tops on my 84 do not lock... I was thinking about doing black carpet in my 84 too, haven't decided though. I'm trying to stay reasonably stock in my resto efforts. I have a long way to go before I get to the carpet though so we'll see.

On a side note...BLACK Ttype, I sent you an email yesterday.

Received and replied:D

Black carpet

I just installed new black carpet and black and gray seats in my 1984 go to webshots.com and search member mrbuick101 and take a look.