A/C Parts Wanted for 87 GN

Trader history for VADR (0)

VADR

Hi, new user here and currently restoring an 87 GN.

Trying to locate some under-the-hood A/C parts, at some point a previous owner removed everything except the evap core and compressor.

What I'm having trouble locating is all of the A/C lines, the correct condenser and mounting hardware for the condenser. Would be nice to get the original A/C lines in black, but probably a long shot at this point.

If someone has these parts or did an A/C delete and has spare parts laying around, let me know! Heck even links where I can find this stuff would help.

Thanks, and if you see a GN in Colorado with VADR plates driving around, feel free to give me a honk.

blackazz

Not a Gn
Welcome to the Dark side.im in Southern Colorado, I might have some lines off a 87 ill look when I get home.an when you see the TTop justav6 rolling around say what up!

VADR

Welcome to the Dark side.im in Southern Colorado, I might have some lines off a 87 ill look when I get home.an when you see the TTop justav6 rolling around say what up!
Sweet! Definitely interested if you still have those around. I appreciate you checking.

And I'll keep an eye out for your car.

blackazz

Not a Gn
The lines I have the plug behind the compressor is broke.but check that link.

VADR

The lines I have the plug behind the compressor is broke.but check that link.
Worth a shot, and for real I appreciate you checking.

I did get in touch with those guys earlier about those lines. Apparently they don't keep their website as up to date as their Ebay listings. Either way they are looking to see what they have available.

Hope to see you around. When I get my car put back together I'll try to get out to a few local shows, maybe take it to Bandimere to see what it will do.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Hi, new user here and currently restoring an 87 GN.

Trying to locate some under-the-hood A/C parts, at some point a previous owner removed everything except the evap core and compressor.

What I'm having trouble locating is all of the A/C lines, the correct condenser and mounting hardware for the condenser. Would be nice to get the original A/C lines in black, but probably a long shot at this point.

If someone has these parts or did an A/C delete and has spare parts laying around, let me know! Heck even links where I can find this stuff would help.

Thanks, and if you see a GN in Colorado with VADR plates driving around, feel free to give me a honk.
I have a set of original lines ....I would let go ...pm me for cell...you can use newer condensers up front that are multipass condensers that perform better with 134a....Steve v has a you tube channel and I believe he discusses the one he uses ...as far as the evaporator ....a very specific fitting part for a TR...

VADR

I have a set of original lines ....I would let go ...pm me for cell...you can use newer condensers up front that are multipass condensers that perform better with 134a....Steve v has a you tube channel and I believe he discusses the one he uses ...as far as the evaporator ....a very specific fitting part for a TR...
PM Sent

1KWIKSIX

I’ve got a used original AC condenser removed from my GN years ago.
My AC compressor never worked , so I changed all components in the process.
It’s stored in the box the replacement came in from Highway Stars.
$50 plus shipping
Shipping could be pricey since I live in Canada ‍♂️

VADR

I’ve got a used original AC condenser removed from my GN years ago.
My AC compressor never worked , so I changed all components in the process.
It’s stored in the box the replacement came in from Highway Stars.
$50 plus shipping
Shipping could be pricey since I live in Canada ‍♂️
Actually I did already pull the trigger and order a condenser. What I need to locate for that is the mounting isolators and brackets.

Really do appreciate the offer.

Rumblebee

I have a pair of the AC compressor hose, NOS specific to 87 GN's. They have never been installed, have a bit of shelf wear on a couple spots of the black coating on the hard line portions. Best to text me @: 775-420-2657, Scott

VADR

Thanks Scott, I did end up picking up the hoses so I'm all set there. Appreciate the offer.

turbohh

I have a pair of the isolator cushions ... They are off my NorCal GN, so they are still soft, with no tears, just a bit dirty still (even though I gave them a bath LOL). Sorry I don't have the brackets they sit in ... $18 shipped to your door ... PM me and I'll give you my PP addy if you're interested ... Also, I'm going to be away from home Saturday/Sunday so i may not be able to get them ut until Monday.
John A, Turbohh
100_6127.JPG 100_6128.JPG 100_6129.JPG

VADR

I have a pair of the isolator cushions ... They are off my NorCal GN, so they are still soft, with no tears, just a bit dirty still (even though I gave them a bath LOL). Sorry I don't have the brackets they sit in ... $18 shipped to your door ... PM me and I'll give you my PP addy if you're interested ... Also, I'm going to be away from home Saturday/Sunday so i may not be able to get them ut until Monday.
John A, Turbohh
View attachment 366986 View attachment 366987 View attachment 366988
Hey thanks for the offer. I was out on a long vacation and getting caught up finally.

I do have those isolators now, found them from another member in the same shape as yours. Defo these are hard to find, I'm sure someone else might need them.

As of now I have all the AC parts in my garage, just starting to put it all together now.

VADR

Okay, thanks for letting me know, and good luck with your build ...
John A
Thanks I appreciate it.

AC is the last part under the hood. Once that's done the only thing left is to gut the interior and restore that. Not going for Concours here but it's going to be a clean and sound car when it's done. Just taking my time and enjoying the build.