A/C Does Not Blow Cold

ekboosted231

Currently my car is always blowing hot air on the inside but the lines are ice cold coming from the compressor. What could be causing this issue?

It could be the blend door lever or temperature control cable stuck or broken behind the dash. Flip down the glove box door and you will see the end of the cable going to the lever on the A/C box/case. Try and move the temperature control knob on the dash while looking behind the glove box door and see if it moves the lever back and forth. Would be good if you have a way to check pressures but from what you describe I would check the cable and lever first.

I've seen several blend door levers break....Take the glove box liner out, and take a look.

It could be the blend door lever or temperature control cable stuck or broken behind the dash. Flip down the glove box door and you will see the end of the cable going to the lever on the A/C box/case. Try and move the temperature control knob on the dash while looking behind the glove box door and see if it moves the lever back and forth. Would be good if you have a way to check pressures but from what you describe I would check the cable and lever first.
I'll try that today when I'm working on the car and I do have a way to check the pressure.

When the outside lines frost over, does the frost go all the way into the heater box? It's possible to freeze the evaporator and kill your heat transfer.

But odds are it's a blend door issue.

Pulled the A/C control panel. Guessing the previous owner had it off and when they put it back on they crushed one of the vacuum hoses. Carefully put it back on and everything works fine. Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated!