93 tune only 91 octane locally

z28up

Ok here is my Delima, I have a red 93 octane chip in my gn.. It's got a street tune and matches the 36lb injectors. The issue is they only have 91 in the pumps locally.. Before I spend major money on upgrades and start swapping stuff out.. What is my best way to get out and drive it.. It doesn't have a scan master or an aftermarket boost controler..

We have AV gas 100 low lead available and I know people who use it but I don't know enough about it to try it?? Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.5 KB · Views: 107
Get a hold of someone with a logger? Best would be to get a modern chip. Next best thing is tune for your the chip, which might mean dropping the boost. You could also get an alky kit with chip and have the best of both worlds. Avgas isn't recommended since it is designed for steady rpm's on planes.

Avgas will not be nice to your oxygen sensor with the Lead content . , just lower your boost after you get a SM and tune for no KR .

The question needs to be asked, how do you drive it? Do you bring it 15 lbs boost? Street race any punks? If not and you really dont hot foot it, are you seeing any cause for concern? Or is this just s theoretical am I okay to drive it question? Cause without boost levels in the equation, it does matter what gas you run and what chip is in it. Again, that would only be if no or very low boost were used.

Keep it at 14 psi until you get a scanmaster. It will be fine. I had a stock actuator on with ported elbow and reds chip with no issue on 91. Eventually ran 16 on it but I wouldn't recommend it without some type of knock monitor or scan