93 Octane gas quality

Quality/consistency. Turbo Dave use to run 20 lbs on 93, had good intercooling with a front mount.
I was able to run 19-20 psi on 93 with a PTE SLIC before I went to alky. I always ran Shell 93 but I think the SLIC was the biggest factor.

Last edited:
I don't know about back there, but out here E 85 can run from 67% to low/mid 80s or so. Buy and learn to use a hydrometer if you wanna go fast on the edge. Trust nothing! Verify! Have some M-1 on hand to blend in that "out of the pump" E-85 if you need to, or buy the E-85 from VP or somebody reliable. I'll ask my boat racer friend what he uses as an aid to blending.
He says believing E-85 is always 85% is like believing: "my tubes are tied", or "I'm on the pill." "Trusting anything can get expensive."
He wins a LOT! And I don't have any kids!

I think it was: "UNDER SIEGE, DARK TERRITORY:" "Trust is the mother of all
F--K ups!"
Just sayin'!!
TIMINATOR
The E85 out of the pumps around me has been consistently 75%. I have a flex fuel sensor on the car and am working on the tune based off that. The problem is E85 can be up to 85% but can go all the way down to just over 50%. Even at 50% it can still make more power than 91/93 octane as long as your tune accounts for it.

Thanks Chuck, that's the info I needed!
Soooooo, how much boost on 91(that's our premium in AZ) with the Razor alky kit?
TIMINATOR

VP Octanium advertises 80 points and 8 numbers mixed with 10 gallons or 4 numbers with 20 gallons. I bought some at the local Oreilly's. I figured, if the local dirt track guys are springing for the VP additive over the 100 octane VP race fuel, it might work for our cars. I tried it and it did stop my low KR at 17psi, but I really don't want to run it all the time. Results will probably vary. The car ran great, and it is nice to have it available for those times I want to kick the boost up a bit. I think I could up the boost a bit with some third gear timing mods. I did get a recommendation here for Sunoco, so I'm going to give that a try for a daily fuel.
ttps://vpracingfuels.com/product/octane-booster-vp-octanium/?c=367&

How much per quart or whatever amount it takes to treat 10 or 20 gallons? I have not seen it sold here, I'll have to look into it. TIMINATOR

I tested all the so called boosters and Boostane seemed to work the best, 24psi on 93 with 0 kr, wouldnt push my luck more then that still a little nerve racking doing it,
Torco and Racegas Ultra were good also.

Thanks Chuck, that's the info I needed!
Soooooo, how much boost on 91(that's our premium in AZ) with the Razor alky kit?
TIMINATOR
I know of someone that runs 40psi with 93 and a high volume of alky injection. I'm sure with 91 you could run plenty of boost.

VP racing Octanium is $22 qt. at the Oreilly's here to treat 10 gallons for 8 numbers up(not points) and to treat 20 gallons for 4 numbers up. It is available in leaded and un-leaded at the same price. So a little over $2 a gallon to treat 10 gallons for a 8 number increase. It's kind of pricey for me for everyday driving but I think I'll keep a can in the trunk just in case I get some bad gas or want some weekend fun.

It'll also make your kids born naked, grow hair on bald heads, concrete, and sheet iron!
Kinda like the 116 no led my bud uses on his dyno pulls.:LOL:

Any octane booster leaves residue on plugs and O2 sensors as well.

I'm in Phoenix too, and 91 is the best we can get out of the pump.

Our brilliant ex-Senator, Jeff Flake, forced pump E85 in AZ to actually be E53, so they could tax it like regular gas. He always was a miserable fuck of a politician. There are a couple stations that sell the real deal, but when they get caught, gotta find a new place willing to take a chance. Street guys here keep it very secretive when they find it.

BTW, FJB, for good measure. Come take my guns and gas stove, or try, anyways.

I've run Premium (91) and Razor's Alky System on my car forever. I'm not breaking any records, but I run deep into the 10's every pass, and that's good enough for me.

Just keep that pump serviced regularly!

I would think the cooling affect of alky is especially beneficial in Arizona, although new england is pretty much swamp ass central these days just not as long.. I think it's the mmt that leaves that orange crap behind, I'd guess spraying alcohol has its unintended consequences as well

Quality/consistency. Turbo Dave use to run 20 lbs on 93, had good intercooling with a front mount.
That's my point
There can be a big swing in 93 octane as 87 does make it's way in 93 pumps
I know this for sure.
Chancing blowning up 109 at 20psi on a pump gas 93 or 87 or 91 to me these days is a no no
Especially for making no real power
Cause you cant run any real timing timing on 93 and your iats are getting real hot fast once ambient and humidity start rising.
We ran a tsm car on 70mm turbo on pump gas 93 up to 25/27psi back in the day it went pretty fast on pump but.........
It would encounter ghost knock
And a variety of things.
You can run higher boost levels in good air/when the iats are good and the proper timing for the fuel.
Up to a point then it will cost you when it gets hurt.
109s are pricey now.
If e85 drops to e51 it's still more than enough octane to cover alot of cylinder pressure.
Spraying m1 methanol with the rightfully famous alkycontrol system or pump gas/ alky
Provides octane blanket and cooling that air charge.
This is another way of increasing the cylinder pressure drastically safely.

I tested all the so called boosters and Boostane seemed to work the best, 24psi on 93 with 0 kr, wouldnt push my luck more then that still a little nerve racking doing it,
Torco and Racegas Ultra were good also.
I’ve run 28 on a stock block with a single nozzle. 10.6:1 afr and 19° of timing in high gear, 22 in 1-2 gear. Car blows the tires off on the street lol. Rest of the car is in my sig

I’ve run 28 on a stock block with a single nozzle. 10.6:1 afr and 19° of timing in high gear, 22 in 1-2 gear. Car blows the tires off on the street lol. Rest of the car is in my sig
For sure, ive run 32 on a single nozzle myself, i was testing Boostane with the Alky off and straight 93.

Two bottles of VP Octanium to one tank of 93 with TA-49 and stock intercooler, I’ve been able to run 23-24 psi without knock. No extensive full 3rd gear pulls, but maintained O2’s in 780-790 range on Scanmaster without KR. Stuff seems to work.